First time taking Saiga out

Finally got to take my Saiga out after having owned it a for a while and converting it. First thing I tried was shooting slugs on +1 gas setting. It worked flawlessly and slugs are awesome to shoot!

Next I loaded some buckshot and that cycled fine as well. After about 30 rounds of 3 inch slugs and buck I decided to try birdshot. Loaded another mag with federal birdshot and turned gas to 3. The rounds were stovepiping on ejection. Turned the gun into a pull action shotgun! I tried a box of winchester birdshot I had brought with and it worked. Later looked at the boxes of federal and found the dram to be 2 3/4 and 1135 FPS. The winchester 3 dram and 1200 FPS.

The Saiga is awesome as long as you feed it ammo it will cycle. I'm hoping it gets better at cycling lighter loads as it gets broken in.

I was looking at some Federal Game Shok rounds that are on sale. They are #6 shot,1 oz,1290fps, 3.25 dram. Do you think they would cycle?