BHO not holding bolt back far enough.

Hey guy (and gals).

I just picked up a Saiga 410 last week and I'm still in the process of puting everything on it I want, like a receiver adapter & Tromix stock, front sight base and muzzle attachment, as well as some other stuff. It's coming together, but I noticed something strange when I re-installed the BHO that the previous owner had taken out....

The BHO doesn't hold the bolt back far enough to clear the magazine. The bolt would rest about half way down the length of a shell, if you were to load it. While I'm not as concerned about the BHO feature for reloading, I felt this was a little odd. Is this normal for the 410?

Is it possible this BHO is for a rifle and not a 410? Would that account for the difference in bolt lockback?

It's a 2002 model from EAA Corp, by the way (if that makes any difference).

I loaned out my camera, but hope to get it back soon.

Thanks

Corbin

Edited by Corbin

That's perfectly normal. All the Saiga rifles and all the shotties (except for the S-12), are like that.

I believe they designed the BHO in the S-12 like it is, so you could operate it while firing, and be able to do easier mag changes with the bolt out of the way. You just have to count your rounds and push up on the last shot.

The S-12 is really the only one that has "issues" with loading on a closed bolt. This is why I think they made the BHO different in those.

just my 2 cents...