Replacement front sight bead?

I smashed the front sight bead on my Saiga 20. Any ideas on where to get a replacement? I've looked around and haven't come up with anything yet.

I though about maybe trying one of the AK-type front sights, but will that work with a standard rear sight on a non-threaded barrel?

I'll put a picture up later to illustrate what I mean about the barrel.

If it's a newer gun you will go through a lot trying to "replace" the current front bead.

Best option is here.... http://www.saiga-12.com/proddetail.asp?prod=EFS-M1

That will work with your rear sight and also increase your sight radius almost double.

Thanks for the link. I think I'd rather go that route anyway.

ETA: I think mine is the older type: it has the threaded front sight bead. There isn't an easy way to just pick up a replacement threaded bead is there?

Oh well sure...if it has the old type bead you can just unscrew it and replace it. I'm so used to seeing these crappy new ones I just figured it was one of them. Try some of the guys who do conversions for a living, somebody's bound to have some of those lying around from changing out the sights. An S-12 may even work. My S-20 has the adjustable vent rib so I'm not sure.

If you can't find one though, you could always take what's left of yours to the hardware store and find a meteric screw with the same threads. Then just screw that in there, cut the head off, and trim it down with a file til it works good.

I still like the elevated front sights better though. I have one on mine and use it along with the rib. The gun just looks better that way since I've got AK wood furniture on it.

The used S-20 I bought was missing it's front bead. My FFL had a number of different screw in beads on hand and simply screwed in one that fit the threads. Any local gunsmith would probably have similar parts on hand.

I think Corba is right with the screw on front barrel sight being a better option. My gun seems to shoot low. I have bottomed the factory adjustable rib sight out and it is still shooting low. Once I can afford it I'm going to give the sights that Cobra linked to a try.