To the FFL holders and gunsmiths on this forum. I have recently "obtained" a brick-and-mortar building, rent free, and am about to start the process of getting a business license, getting a state license (gay) and getting the FFL. I have some questions, and was wondering if I can contact one of you and pick your brains. If you're willing to help, please pm me a phone number. I'm sure you're not all too enthused about helping out the competition, but your help would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

Considering that since the Clinton administration the feds have been trying to shut down as many FFL holders as possible as a back door method of gun-control and eliminating our self-defense rights, I am always glad to hear when a new FFL holder appears, and I am sure most of the other member of this forum would agree.

I would imagine all the business members here (and I am sure especially those who are FFL holders) have been very busy since Obama took office, and so probably just don't have the time to respond to you right away. Also, considering how busy everyone probably is, it would probably be easier for everyone if you said you could also just send any questions you have by PM rather than asking to call them (it would no doubt be a lot easier for someone to respond to a PM when they have the time, rather than try to schedule a phone call into what is probably already a very busy workday).

It's a straightforward process. Contact ATF to obtain the correct forms. Fill out the forms as specified, follow all of the instructions, pay the fee, ATF sends an investigator to interview you, to inspects your facility, and to help you get set up with paperwork. The ATF employee assigned to your application is usually available at your regional office to answer questions, and help with any areas you are uncertain about.

I found ATF to be very helpful during my application process.

Good luck with yours.

WS