I have been looking at several versions of these scopes on the net. I am not able to find much info about the quality of these. How well do they hold zero and what is the quality of the optics? Would I be better off with a similar priced bushnell, mueller, or vortex?

I have one on my PSL. They hold zero. You just have to make sure that when you put it back on it is seated just like it was before you took it off. Basically just make sure its all the way forward as far as it can go on the side rails. There is a screw on the bottom of the base, near the leaver that lets you adjust for the thickness of the rail. If that screw loosens the scope will move back and forth a little. This happened to me but once I tightened it up it was good. Only happened once.

The lenses are very clear.

It is more of a pain in the ass to sight in. You have 2 main knobs (wind/elevation). Once you get those where you want them then on top of them you have 2 more for fine tuning. This is where it becomes a pain in the ass. Loosen the 2 screw, adjust, tighten the screws, shoot. Continue doing this until you have it zeroed! Its not long just extra stuff to do.

They have a simple, effective rangefinder but only for human size targets. It won't tell you how far away that small furry woodland creature is or the small target you're aiming at. Probably ok on deer though. Once you know how far away the target is just place the appropriate chevron over it and shoot. Top chevron = 100tyrds, 2nd = 200yrds ......etc..etc.. This way you dont have to guess where on your cross hairs the 200yrd is.

When you zoom in to its max the reticle does move.

Overall I really like these scopes. Great quality for an affordable price as long as you dont mind the extra steps it takes to zero. If you just want a simple hunting scope this might not be it. Otherwise great scopes.

Edited by Arik