I need some help!!!! Pistol grip conversion ,11 1/2" barrel with shark break ,chaos quad rail, original gas system, t-6 collapsable stock, gunfixer plug, twister puck, 25% reduction spring, and last but not least, 4 holes not 3 or 2 or 1. Gun is clean, somewhat polished bolt, no obstructions in the 4 holes. Federal wal mart stuff wont cycle on any setting. Cycles about 3/4 of the way back then goes right back in on the spent shell. OO buck will cycle on #3 setting, ejecting the shell only about 2-3 feet. Whats next????

• 1 month later...

With the 4 ports, the reduced spring and the twister puck, used with the gunfixer plug , i thought i could get away with not opening the ports any more. Am i wrong???? 11 1/2 barrel is correct

Try swapping your twister puck for the factory puck. Don't have one to experiment with but it seems to me that the twister puck would absorb a fair amount gas of energy to twist it around instead of shoving it straight back.

It may be worth a try,

WS

• 3 weeks later...

You're going to have some huge gas ports drilled in that barrel before you get that setup to run light birdshot loads.

I would suggest getting some Winchester AA Super Sport or Super Handicap ammo, and forget about testing with that Federal ammo.

Adding a choke would help. If the holes are drilled off center a bit, you may be able to squeeze in a fifth hole.

Just remember, the larger you open those ports, the more wad fouling you will get in the gas block. You'll have to clean it out more often.

Tony

You're going to have some huge gas ports drilled in that barrel before you get that setup to run light birdshot loads.

I would suggest getting some Winchester AA Super Sport or Super Handicap ammo, and forget about testing with that Federal ammo.

Adding a choke would help. If the holes are drilled off center a bit, you may be able to squeeze in a fifth hole.

Just remember, the larger you open those ports, the more wad fouling you will get in the gas block. You'll have to clean it out more often.

Tony

Tony's the expert on SBS's. Makes sense to me too. You don't use an SBS to go dove or quail hunting (usually).

WS