Valmet hunter in .243

Was at a gun show and saw a valmet hunter rifle in .243 Winchester with leopold optics for $1500.

Valmet's a finnish manufacturer of AK variants, i think Sako bought up their assault rifle line. Its basically their AK variant with a hunting rifle stock similiar to the Saiga's but clean finished wood. It has a thick milled reciever, custom sights, and takes high cap .308 mags supposedly, im not that familiar tho.

http://www.valmet.org/valmethunter.htm

Does anyone have any experience with this gun and is this a good deal?

Thanks

Edited by TexasRedNeck

yeah, they're extremely rare as well. I have friends who have used them as service rifles and found them excellent. I was really hoping to find a nice vm 62/63, the AK with the tube stock, but no such luck.

i thought this'n might be a nice hunting gun, but mags are about the only thing holdin me back. that, and prices are still higher than i'd like..

I had one for awhile in .243. Accuracy sucked, so I sold it. The accuracy of the military style guns is much better than the hunter.

Plan on paying $250 - $300 for a 20rd magazine. There are no other magazines that will work in the gun.

I had the .243 for sale for a couple of years and finally had to drop the price to $850 to get rid of it.

Tony