Anyone know a good Ak builder? Any in Georgia?

Now that I see Apex has matching East German parts kits I am very interested in getting a EG clone built. The problem is I've never built a AK, don't even own a anvil or vise, and with my work schedule it would take forever anyway.

Can anyone recommend a builder who will take a parts kit, add a barrel and receiver, and turn out a damn fine AK? Would prefer a Georgia guy if someone knows one, but for a good build would consider others....

Edited by Jpanzer

Now that I see Apex has matching East German parts kits I am very interested in getting a EG clone built. The problem is I've never built a AK, don't even own a anvil or vise, and with my work schedule it would take forever anyway.

Can anyone recommend a builder who will take a parts kit, add a barrel and receiver, and turn out a damn fine AK? Would prefer a Georgia guy if someone knows one, but for a good build would consider others....

Gewehr Works, Red Jacket, Krebs Custom and TGI (in that order) will do competant custom work. There are also numerous individuals that can help you out as well. I can help you out a little if you decide to man-up and do it yourself. As for builders in Georgia, I have no idea.

Gewehr Works, Red Jacket, Krebs Custom and TGI (in that order) will do competant custom work. There are also numerous individuals that can help you out as well. I can help you out a little if you decide to man-up and do it yourself. As for builders in Georgia, I have no idea.

Gonna shoot Red Jacket a email and see what they can do. AS for manning up, I don't even own a vise, just a few power tools and a set of mechanics tools. No clue how I could set the rivets without f*cking up the receiver, plus doing the barrel is a mystery to me. I'm good with gun furniture, and can do minor stuff, but if I have to do rivet work without a guide I'm afraid I would ruin more parts than I actually get assembled.

Superhawk, does West Georgia Armory have a web site or a way to contact them?