Reduced power spring question

Yet again Greg at CSS has created a wormhole to ship at/near the speed of light.

Last weekend I bought a 100rd value pack of Remington from Wally World and it ran 85% effectively on GunFixr gas plug setting 3. The Federal is still nicer and a bit more powerful, but I wanted to try something new. Knowing that I may only have this available from time to time I went ahead and picked up a #1 Reduced Power Recoil Spring from CSS.

Now the question: I know it says not to run 3" shells with the reduced power spring in, but what about 2 3/4 slugs or BS? Is this spring only for 2 3/4 inch target loads?

Thanks in advance

Eric

I've run full power 2.75 slugs with the reduced spring and everything is fine... I adjusted the gas setting so that it was correct for it....

all was good (I do have the adjustable plug, buffer, and am converted)

+1 on what he said

Thanks for the info. I was hoping the GasFixer would be able to just tone down any "high brass" 2 3/4 slug/BS so I can just swap out the full power spring and run the reduced one full-time.

Eric

And seriously Greg...quit performing sexual favors, or whatever it is you do to the Post Master General of the U.S. in order to get things shipped so quickly. It's degrading and you ought to have mnore self-respect than that:)

I believe that some of the early springs were improperly tempered. I have seen them lose spring tension in three guns so far. I would only consider them in a race gun myself.