SAIGA 410 GA. SGM TACTICAL TRI-RAIL

I just received a SAIGA 410 GA. SGM TACTICAL TRI-RAIL for my Saiga 410 and I thought it would just slide on. Has anyone bought

this forearm and had to refit a brand new one. You would think for the price it would fit. Thanks

I bought one of these last year and it did require a little fitting. I recall filing a bit at the rear so that it would fit into the receiver. The mounting screw hole wasn't aligned. A little work with the dremel took care of that. It also required a longer mounting screw. These types of adjustment are not uncommon and I've had to do them with parts for other guns as well; stocks, sights, sling mounts, magazines etc. This is normal. When the guns are assembled at the factory there is a certain amount of fitting and finish that goes on. After market accessories are likely to require the same kind of attention, particularly if they are not from the original manufacturer. Don't let it get you down.

I just received a SAIGA 410 GA. SGM TACTICAL TRI-RAIL for my Saiga 410 and I thought it would just slide on. Has anyone bought

this forearm and had to refit a brand new one. You would think for the price it would fit. Thanks

I bought one of these last year and it did require a little fitting. I recall filing a bit at the rear so that it would fit into the receiver. The mounting screw hole wasn't aligned. A little work with the dremel took care of that. It also required a longer mounting screw. These types of adjustment are not uncommon and I've had to do them with parts for other guns as well; stocks, sights, sling mounts, magazines etc. This is normal. When the guns are assembled at the factory there is a certain amount of fitting and finish that goes on. After market accessories are likely to require the same kind of attention, particularly if they are not from the original manufacturer. Don't let it get you down.

Thanks for the reply lenf,

I did take a dremel and ground out the area right where that screw goes in to hold the rail against the barrel. On my saiga

the block that is welded too the barrel where you screw the rail down is pretty wide. Here's a picture of the finnished gun. Now I have to figure out what I have to do to make it compliant. :cryss:

P1010871-vi.jpg

Thanks for the reply lenf,

I did take a dremel and ground out the area right where that screw goes in to hold the rail against the barrel. On my saiga

the block that is welded too the barrel where you screw the rail down is pretty wide. Here's a picture of the finnished gun. Now I have to figure out what I have to do to make it compliant. :cryss:

P1010871-vi.jpg

Well as far as compliance goes, it looks like you have a ten round Russian magazine. If this is the case, you need to replace four or five parts depending on whose list you use. There's a pretty good one on the Saiga 308 forum and there was a thread here on the 410 forum last year. There may be some differences between rifle and shotgun compliance, I really don't know, there's an awful lot of reading on the subject. Best to change as many parts as you can. You've added a fore stock and butt stock so that's two parts. But you have also added a pistol grip so subtract one part. The easiest and cheapest to add is the gas piston, it just drops in under the regulator. Next is the bottom plate of the magazine, I've made these from 1/4" aluminum plate; hacksaw, files, 1/8" drill, dremel and about 45 minutes. I've seen the fire control group listed as both one and two compliance parts. A bit trickier to install but "knowledge is rooted in suffering and ignorance is bliss" and you'll definitely learn something installing it. I know I did. I've also seen muzzle devices listed as compliance parts and these are cheap and easy to install. Most domestic ones are muzzle brakes or flash suppressors so if you need a choke you'll have to look harder or have something made. Most of the chokes I've seen are Russian. One part I haven't yet changed is the magazine follower. I'm planning to mold one of these from a glass filled epoxy in either a plaster or silicone mold made from the original follower. If you're using a US made magazine it will count for three parts; magazine body, follower and bottom plate. Do a little reading and look at some of the commercial sponsors here on the forum for the parts, I've been happy with the service. Good Luck.

Well that muzzle attachment you have on there is domestic so that's one part. The stock and HG are two more. A domestic piston would be an easy third. Floor plates are easy to make, as mentioned above....

You could trade me that naughty ol Ruskie ten rd mag for a couple of nice compliant US made ten rdrs and you'd have three more parts there....:smoke:

BTW the FCG counts as three parts so if you go ahead and do the proper PG conversion you will have it covered and then some.