bolt holds open without bolt hold open

i converted my s308 and didnt put the bolt hold open thing back in it but when i pull the bolt completly back it will stay back just gotta bump it and it will slam forward. kinda handy but is it a problem?? my mak-90 does it too since i pulled it out of the box filled with cosmoline. is this normal cause my other aks dont do it.

post-22237-12631883423222_thumb.jpg

This has got to be the most asked question regarding AKs over the past few years.

It's quite normal, but won't last long.

It is the brand new fire control group. As you shoot it, the "bho" effect will fade away. . .

Until then, don't baby it. Pull the charging handle fully to the rear and let it fly!

i figured it was cause its new bit like i said my mak-90 does it and ive had it for years its a pre ban baught it new in a sardine can for 100 bucks and i have shot way over 3000 rounds through it. guess it cant wear out. my new amd-65 didnt do it at all. well as long as it doesnt hurt anything i guess its fine. speaking of amds, if you ever get one dont take off the muzzle brake unless you got a ffl. i found out the hard way almost got it taken away and almost went to jail over it lol. it stays in the house now.

i figured it was cause its new bit like i said my mak-90 does it and ive had it for years its a pre ban baught it new in a sardine can for 100 bucks and i have shot way over 3000 rounds through it. guess it cant wear out. my new amd-65 didnt do it at all. well as long as it doesnt hurt anything i guess its fine. speaking of amds, if you ever get one dont take off the muzzle brake unless you got a ffl. i found out the hard way almost got it taken away and almost went to jail over it lol. it stays in the house now.

I would love to have you share more details of the muzzle brake incident... Just to let others know "This is what will hapen, because..." type of thing... a Lot of folks kinda snub their noses at things like that, it might be a good story to let them know the potential error of their ways!!

:smoke: