Next 5.45 purchase

would the sgl 31 converted by arsenal be any better than a saiga IZ 240 5.45 converted by red jacket? they both seem good. I love my saiga 12 from red jacket. Would there be any advantages to the arsenal build? I have an Arsenal 7.62 and like it.

Edited by nag55

would the sgl 31 converted by arsenal be any better than a saiga IZ 240 5.45 converted by red jacket? they both seem good. I love my saiga 12 from red jacket. Would there be any advantages to the arsenal build? I have an Arsenal 7.62 and like it.

Better is entirely subjective in this comparison. The arsenal build will yield you more Russian parts, where the Red Jacket build will yield a nicer paint job (although both rifles are parked before they are painted, so the durability would be nearly identical).

My advice, is to go with the SGL-31, buy an authentic-looking triangle folding stock from DPH, and ship the thing to Red Jacket to have them refinish and install the side folder. That way you have the best of both worlds.