New Guy W/ ?

Just wanted to say Hi first. I have been wanting to get a Saiga for a while, but never have because I have a Norinco Mak-90. Well I finally made up my mind I am going to get the 5.45 x 39 due to the avaibility and pricegun/ammo. I am at a disadvantage right now because my research time is limited due to my training. I am under the assumption I can add any furniture to a Saiga 5.45 that I could a 7.62? What is the availibility for mags for the Saiga 5.45? Is it better to do the magwell conversion, and how hard is it? The muzzle, is it threaded, or can I get a Saiga threaded from the factory? Is it a specific model? I know I have a lot of questions sorry, but I am really excited about modding one out. My brother sold his Mak-90 (dumbA$$) and I want to get him back into the AK platform. I may get the 308 later as well once I get settled from moving. THANK YOU for any help.

the bullet guide is an easy install and many guns seem to function fine without it.

But yeah your going to need a lower handguard retainer for AK furniture.. and to put it on (the retainer) you either need to get a bolt on one or remove the front sight and the front gas block. Mags are easy to get via internet, I havn't heard of any 5.45s coming with threaded barrels, but dinzag has a replacement front sight block with threads on it, or you can get it threaded. Also your probably going to want to convert it otherwise using standard AK stocks won't work since it won't have a pistol grip, but conversions are very easy and well documented on this site