Sideways Trigger Movement = Dangerous?

Took her out shooting again yesterday. Got some Brown Bear FMJs from a major online shop earlier in the week. Cost a little over $7 a box after shipping, while the cheapest stuff locally is Silver Bear for $12 a box. The same store sells Brown Bear 7.62x39 for $8 a box, has a PSL for $900 and an SGL20 for $1000. Almost everything there is over the retail price. Bought my S12 from them in the summer for $700. :( Nice, friendly people though.

Any way, the rifle ejected very weakly in the beginning, with the empty cartridges falling right by me on the bench. One empty cartridge even got stuck between the bolt and the receiver, as you can see in the pic. I was rather concerned, but as I continued shooting, the cartridges ejected stronger and stronger. I think that what happened was: my receiver rails got a little warped from my last time shooting, when the bolt carrier wasn't able to move freely and was getting stuck at the back and even blew out the dust cover once. Shooting a bunch of rounds through it this time, seems to have straightened them out.

I was trying to zero the irons at 100 yards with the POSP on the weapon and was getting hit in the forehead by it (the POSP), which made me nervous when pulling the trigger and flinch. The weapons has quite an FSB cant and in order to zero the front sight, I had to push it pretty much as far as it can go to the right. At end of sighting, I was able to hit one, Coke can on my first attempt and another Coke can in three tries. The best grouping I was able to get was just under 3", but I just wasn't "feeling it" this time and couldn't get in "the zone" for some reason. I guess that I just need to get used to the ergonomics and the kick of this weapon. Switching to pricey Remington brass rounds at the end didn't seem to help.

Quickly zeroed the POSP too, but it didn't really improve my groupings much. It weird, how switching from Brown Bear 150 gr FMJ to Remington 150 gr brass FMJ moved my zero like 3-4 inches lower and to the left...

post-10789-12649284810928_thumb.jpg

im with on the trigger claiming its a drop in FCG for the saiga .308 just like you i put it all together did a function check then :angry: you pay all that money for a drop in as stated but it doesnt work!!

thankfully i had an extra safety lever from a wasr parts kit, that solved the safety. as far as the trigger moving side to side i said well its an AK and hit the range with it. since then i have maybe 250rds and she hasnt blow apart yet.