Circle 10 .223 Mags won't fit

I just got my Bulgys today and I wish I had read this info before I ordered them. Mine won't lock into the gun. The mag hits a small bar in the reciever and then hits the support post. I don't think I want to grind on that and chance ruining my gun. I might try the Promag ak mags instead. Anyone have experience with these? I love this gun but this deal with the magazines is pissing me off. I wish I could find a fricken mag that would fit if without having to grind and file the gun apart.

Do you have a bullet guide installed? If so, I would try all the military mag options before going with ProMag. I only had to make the smallest changes to the Orlite mags to get them to fit in the gun, and they work very nicely. I'm about to try the steel ones and see if they will work too.

Edited by Jim Digriz

After about an hour of grinding on both the mag and my gun I finally got one of the Bulgys to snap in. I had to grind the support post and two little nubs by the chamber on the gun and the front lip and side of the mag. I still have to grind more of the rear locking tab to get it smooth. I didn't have to grind much on any one spot, just took a while playing the grind a little and see if it will fit game. These mags do seem more solid than the promags but i don't know if i will buy ony more of em.

I've tried steel galils in my rifle but the front of the mag sat too low. The bolt would ride over the round and would jam it into the face of the chamber. I haven't tried the orlites. Last time I checked they were pretty expensive (although that has been a few months)and I don't want to waste my money on one to have it not work. Do the orlites sit higher than the steel galil mags? Also where is a good place to buy them, maybe a cheap used one to try.

I also noticed through the conversion process and grinding on these mags that the grinding disks and stones for my dremel don't last very long at all. I love that little thing though, definitely been a life saver working on my gun.

I've tried steel galils in my rifle but the front of the mag sat too low. The bolt would ride over the round and would jam it into the face of the chamber. I haven't tried the orlites. Last time I checked they were pretty expensive (although that has been a few months)and I don't want to waste my money on one to have it not work. Do the orlites sit higher than the steel galil mags? Also where is a good place to buy them, maybe a cheap used one to try.

Although the steel mags are hit and miss, depending on your rifle, I don't know anyone who has reported problems with the Orlites on this forum.

I got my Orlites for $19 each, but the place I bought them ran out. I've seen them for higher elsewhere, but I'd sooner pay $30 for more Bulgarians or Orlites than pay one dime to ProMag for one of their crappy mags.

I had to grind on the front trunnion to get the Bulgy's to work. They don't hit the center support but the guide rails are are very loose, I've got alot of side to side play. I might have to add some weld to the rails to get them to snug up. The factory mag fits nice and snug. So they must've fit the gun to the mag.

I just did a quick search for the orlite mags and very few places have them. The ones that do are charging $35-45 for them. I guess I'll stick with the Bulgys. I jumped the gun by getting pissed off about them. Once I got the one fitted to my gun it's just as smooth as my promags. Now I need to test fire the one before I go grinding on the other. If you know of a place selling the orlites and not charging an arm, leg, kidney, and testicle please PM me.

SO if I am understanding all above posts correctly(I thought I already understood) Some Saigas only need the mag well opened up a bit and bullet guide installed to accept Circle 10 .223 mags.

Some saigas need the mag well opened up, bullet guide installed, AND some mysterious work to the Magazine itself to make it work correctly.

Still other apparently need neither done and they are slapped right in and they work great??

Edited by Bean.223

SO if I am understanding all above posts correctly(I thought I already understood) Some Saigas only need the mag well opened up a bit and bullet guide installed to accept Circle 10 .223 mags.

Some saigas need the mag well opened up, bullet guide installed, AND some mysterious work to the Magazine itself to make it work correctly.

Still other apparently need neither done and they are slapped right in and they work great??

You are right on. I guess its just a matter of lucking out or not on whether or not you have to do the extra work to get the bulgarian mags to fit. Once you file down the interdiction tab, see if the mag slips in or not. If it does your lucky, if not your like those of us on here who had to do a whole bunch of grinding and fitting to the gun and the mag. Some might have to do less work than others. In my case I had to do all of the above.