Krebs peep sight problems and questions

Just received my new Krebs peep sight in the mail today. It looks great, and I can't wait to mount in on the rifle. Just one problem: The slider is too tight, especially toward the usable part of the ramp (that is 3 and below). I can see stress marks on the underside of the ramp from sliding. I have to use a tool to manipulate it at those low settings. Obviously that's not acceptable. I will probably send Krebs an email tomorrow asking about it. I will also try the sliders from my other rifles to see if any of them is a good fit.

Has anyone else had (and resolved!) this problem?

Also, there is a setting less than 1. It look kind of like a pi sign, or an upside-down square U. What is this meant to be used for? 25 yards? 50? I don't get it.

Jim

Just received my new Krebs peep sight in the mail today. It looks great, and I can't wait to mount in on the rifle. Just one problem: The slider is too tight, especially toward the usable part of the ramp (that is 3 and below). I can see stress marks on the underside of the ramp from sliding. I have to use a tool to manipulate it at those low settings. Obviously that's not acceptable. I will probably send Krebs an email tomorrow asking about it. I will also try the sliders from my other rifles to see if any of them is a good fit.

Has anyone else had (and resolved!) this problem?

Also, there is a setting less than 1. It look kind of like a pi sign, or an upside-down square U. What is this meant to be used for? 25 yards? 50? I don't get it.

Jim

The first setting on the slider is the "battle" setting which is the same as the 300 meter setting. This is the setting which would normally be used along with a center mass aim point. This would allow torso hits at point blank to over 400 meters. As far as the slider being "tight" well that may be a good thing. As I'm sure it will loosen up with use. I would not worry as you should just leave the slider at the first "battle" setting, after you zero at the 100 meter setting.

Edited by 545x39mm

The first setting on the slider is the "battle" setting which is the same as the 300 meter setting. This is the setting which would normally be used along with a center mass aim point. This would allow torso hits at point blank to over 400 meters. As far as the slider being "tight" well that may be a good thing. As I'm sure it will loosen up with use. I would not worry as you should just leave the slider at the first "battle" setting, after you zero at the 100 meter setting.

I tried the sliders from two other rifles, one of them was tighter still, and the other was loose enough to work, though still a bit stiff. But like you say, it will probably loosen up more with use.

OK, about the battle sight setting, I've heard people talk about that before. But they never elaborated, and I never understood, whether it meant the bullet impact would be higher, lower, or about the same as the 1 setting. Which is it?

Thanks.

Jim

The battle zero is nearly the same as the 300 meter setting. At 100 meters, you would be much better off with using the 1 marking on the sight. The idea of the battle zero is that an an unknown distance, out to 400 meters, all of your hits will be on impact with a mansized torso, and within about 40cm(?) out to 1000 meters.

ETA: to answer, instead of blather, at 100 yards, on the battle zero, the round would go high.

Edited by ReverendFranz