Can you imagine the thought of being trapped under tons of rubble, alive after they call off major recovery efforts, and still survive? The human will and spirit are truly one of the strongest forces there is. Everything you read about scientifically speaking were proven wrong again. Very resourceful as well in adversity.

No food or sufficient water for 15 days=death...not for one lucky person.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/jan/28/buried-girl-survives-quake/

Edited by DJ Big Dog

You notice she was found by the french?

The Hatian Government ceased rescue efforts last saturday.

They don't think they should have to help I guess.

It seems the only thing you see Haitian men doing is being rescued, Looting, Rioting & muscling against / mugging their women to get the food that every other country is giving them.

ETA: I'm not saying that they shouldn't be helped per say, Just bringing attention to the fact that they don't seem to be too concerned with helping eachother rather than helping themselves.

Edited by Paulyski

They don't think they should have to help I guess.

It seems the only thing you see Haitian men doing is being rescued, Looting, Rioting & muscling against / mugging their women to get the food that every other country is giving them.

ETA: I'm not saying that they shouldn't be helped per say, Just bringing attention to the fact that they don't seem to be too concerned with helping eachother rather than helping themselves.

Yeah I thought I put something about the called off rescue thing, but I have seen how things get when the SHTF...what would you do personally if you were not as organized and prepared...it's looting when they are stealing tv's and stuff like during the LA riots or after Katrina, it is surviving when SHTF and it's a matter of life or death...water and food, IMO the rescue efforts are still looking better than after Katrina though...it's hard to think about taking a life to survive but it happens.

Very lame. What was the hurry? People were still being found alive. They should have waited five days with no rescues before declaring an end to the rescue operation.

I've been following it closely because a business colleague was in the Hotel Montana when it collapsed. It was pretty upsetting to hear they were ceasing efforts, although U.S. rescuers were still active at the hotel.

Very lame. What was the hurry? People were still being found alive. They should have waited five days with no rescues before declaring an end to the rescue operation.

I've been following it closely because a business colleague was in the Hotel Montana when it collapsed. It was pretty upsetting to hear they were ceasing efforts, although U.S. rescuers were still active at the hotel.

Is your friend ok? Have you found out anything positive?

Is your friend ok? Have you found out anything positive?

It would be a miracle if he was found alive at this late date. It's a shame; he was a great guy.

Well I am truly sorry for your loss...what was he doing down there, if you don't mind me asking.

Well I am truly sorry for your loss...what was he doing down there, if you don't mind me asking.

It's not like I was close to him, but I did like him a lot and enjoyed working with him every so often. It really brings home these disasters when someone you know is involved.

He was the head of a civil aviation authority (kind of like the FAA for his country, one of the little island nations of the Caribbean). He was there for a meeting with representatives of other Caribbean nations' aviation authorities. One of the other guys who worked with him and was apparently in the hotel also had only arrived in the country just four hours previous. Talk about terrible luck.

"Moreover, no man knows when his hour will come: As fish are caught in a cruel net, or birds are taken in a snare, so men are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them." (Ecclesiastes 9:12).

Anyhow, they were good guys, and from what I'm told, good family men. The whole thing sucks.

It's not like I was close to him, but I did like him a lot and enjoyed working with him every so often. It really brings home these disasters when someone you know is involved.

He was the head of a civil aviation authority (kind of like the FAA for his country, one of the little island nations of the Caribbean). He was there for a meeting with representatives of other Caribbean nations' aviation authorities. One of the other guys who worked with him and was apparently in the hotel also had only arrived in the country just four hours previous. Talk about terrible luck.

"Moreover, no man knows when his hour will come: As fish are caught in a cruel net, or birds are taken in a snare, so men are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them." (Ecclesiastes 9:12).

Anyhow, they were good guys, and from what I'm told, good family men. The whole thing sucks.

That does suck...but as you stated from the Bible..we never know, so I try and enjoy every minute...that is when I get a moment to enjoy existence..ya know.

Sorry to hear about your friend Jim.

I hope everything works out.

Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your friend Jim.

I hope everything works out.

Good Luck

An unhappy end to this story:

http://www.caribbean360.com/News/Caribbean/Stories/2010/02/24/NEWS0000010481.html