Arsenal SLG41 question

Friends,

I just purchased an Arsenal SLG41 and am trying to remove the hand-guard. I thought I knew what I was doing but I'm having difficulty and need some advice.

I've raised the little lever to the right of the rear site and am pulling the upper hand-guard towards the receiver while trying to lift up.. but it only moves a little and I'm afraid to break or scratch something.

Any advice?

Thanks much,

Claypij

Edited by Clay1003

take the bolt out first, and if you have and it's still a bit dificult to remove, your gonna have to just go for it, don't worry, these guns are hard to damage

Thanks. It doesn't have a bolt.. but I just got it off.

I guess my biggest question is if the poly furniture on this Arsenal SGL41 (converted Saiga 410)can be replaced with wood. I can't see how I could get the top handguard off of the front/rear retaining clips. It looks like it's all press on together.

Arrrrrh.

you rotate it off, it's decently tough but doable (and by doable I mean just put a little effort into it and it should come riht off).. make sure the new wood you have is 922r compliant

Thanks Volkov.. I understand what you mean and I've found some video's on youtube showing whjat your describing. Problem is, the Arsenal top hand-guard is so tightly pressed between the front/rear retaining brackets of the gas tube that it seems as if it was "pressed" on and cannot be removed.

I'll try anyway. I sent an inquiry to Arsenal and asked if the top hand-guard is replaceable. If they say no, I'll be bummed.

I'll post what I find so others will also know about the Saiga/Arsenal conversion.

Clay