Conversion snag

I'm in process and everything was going smoothly until I tried to install the hammer and spring. I figured out the bho spring and the trigger, but I can't seem to line up the hole for the front hammer, bho assembly. I tried a zip tie around the spring, no luck. I'm thinking about reversing the order and putting the hammer in first. Any sugestions. I watched the video, but no luck so far.

Thanks

I'm in process and everything was going smoothly until I tried to install the hammer and spring. I figured out the bho spring and the trigger, but I can't seem to line up the hole for the front hammer, bho assembly. I tried a zip tie around the spring, no luck. I'm thinking about reversing the order and putting the hammer in first. Any sugestions. I watched the video, but no luck so far.

Thanks

you are lucky I just did the same thing and know exactly what you are talking about. :blink:

Is the hammer stock? meaning, is it ground on the front side to fit the crossmember when it is in the fired position? a regular old tapco G2 wont work. it will fit stock, but will hit the crossmember before it goes all the way up. So you could get the pin through, but not unless the hammer is back.(hopefully that made sense)

Also, it seems that the ridge on the pin for the hammer(where the retainer pin or clip locks it in the receiver) hits the inside of the hammer and does not allow it to go all the way through the receiver. Basically because it pushes the hammer against the bho and there isn't enough pin to get all the way through the receiver, because its pushed up against the hammer on the left side. I think to get mine to work proper, I might counter bore the hole in the hammer on the left side, just enough to get the pin to go in another 1/32 of an inch or so, just enough for the pin to seat flush in the receiver.

this problem with the pin not fitting can be resolved by not installing the bho.(assuming you have already modded the hammer to fit, or purchased a pre fitted hammer) This is how mine is set up for now until I feel like fixing it.

Not sure if that all made sense, but if not I can take pics of it later. After the superbowl ;)

Edited by silley

Thanks

It helps if you have an extra axis pin, or a bolt, or rod of the same diameter as an axis pin. You can "pin" the BHO in place using an axis pin (or equivalent) from the RH - outside in. Once your BHO is in position, put your hammer in, and push the pin through from the BHO (RH) side, and adjust the hammer position until you can see everything line up from the left hand side where the axis pin is going to be inserted. Once all is lined up insert your axis pin from the left side and push it through keeping tension on RH side pin from the other side.

If everything works right you should be able to guide the axis pin right through the BHO, and seat it in the RH side of the receiver.

Good luck!

WS

Thanks for the info. I have a Dinzag drop in unit, but will I give it a try. I kind of work on it for 30 minutes then I get frustrated. I guess I will pick it up after the Superbowl.

Wanted to get in done this weekend. With 34" of snow it is a nice home bound project.

Thanks for all the help. I could not have done it without all the help form this site. I finally completed my first conversion and am ready for my next one. I call this conversion my "Blizzard Battle Rifle" to commemorate the 36" snow fall that kept me out of work and provided me with the time to get it done.

My only snag was the trigger group and BHO. That was a pain in the ass, next time it will be much easier.

Thanks for all the help. I could not have done it without all the help form this site. I finally completed my first conversion and am ready for my next one. I call this conversion my "Blizzard Battle Rifle" to commemorate the 36" snow fall that kept me out of work and provided me with the time to get it done.

My only snag was the trigger group and BHO. That was a pain in the ass, next time it will be much easier.

glad to hear you got it. what was the culprit?

glad to hear you got it. what was the culprit?

Culprit was me...LOL. I tried to install the hammer backwards and then I had a hard time with the hammer spring. I zip tied it and it didn't work so I just had to use muscle to fix it.