Finally doing a better conversion for my .410

Well, Tax time has come and that refund money is burning a hole. I bought the .410 w/ Mako stock Conversion set from MAA and it should be delivered tomorrow.

AT LEAST I HOPE!

We're supposed to get 5-8" of snow starting at 5am. Hopefully Fed-Excuses can get me the goods!

We Needs them, My Precious!

So, I'll update here when/if I get them and photo's of the finished deal, complete with FSB, Galil, Mako, SAW, FCG, MAA TG, Brake, 1x34 Red/Green Dot, and sling.

She'll look a lot different than the last photo's I posted.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/happydance

/crosses fingers

Fex-Ex, don't fail me now!

welp, Fed-Excuse failed me, I got an email around 3pm telling me that due to inclement weather it could not be delivered. As of 7am this morning, my package was on the truck for delivery. Even better! Not 2 minutes after I read the email, the UPS truck went by my house. Needless to say, I sent Fed Ex a nasty email, this is the third time in the past couple years that they have not made the delivery date. Its not like the weather here was even bad, we got a dusting of snow last night, the temperature hit 35 around 10 this morning and it has been raining all day. I could understand if there was a foot of snow and it was still going, but not with these current conditions.

Bad part is, I put off my plans today to be home and get the delivery, so now tomorrow, my wife has to work 12-12 and I have about 10 things to do. Then I work a 24 hour shift on Thursday.

I could have it done by now and pics uploaded and be blowing away zombie snowment, but instead, i've been moping around since I got the email. Oh well, maybe I can get it done this weekend. . . .

Well, its been delayed 4 days now, was supposed to be here Tuesday, was actually on the truck for delivery, but didn't manage to make it here when it was 35 degrees and raining. Instead, now, they waited on the 3-4 inches of snow that seems to have put a wrench in their whole outfit. UPS runs every day, and has come by here every day. I sent them an evil nasty email to which I got the usual BS reply. If it doesn't make it here Saturday morning, I'm driving the hour and a half to get it.

Tired of this crap, this is 4 times in the past 2 years that they have missed their delivery date. I'm never going to use them again. EVER.

FINALLY!!! Even though I had to drive nearly 2 hours away to get my FedEx delivery, I GOT IT! I finished my conversion a little while ago and I really like the results.

Thanks to everyone here for all the time/help with all the step by step instructions that helped me have the confidence to try it myself. I think I want to get a rifle now :)

Mako 8 position with recoil spring Stock

MAA DIY trigger guard

SAW

Tapco Galil with 2 Picatinny added

G2 Trigger group

Walmart special 1x34 red/green dot

rifle sling

Dremeled front sight bead

Dinzag FSB

Dinzag Brake

I think thats all.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=2333

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=2334

Awaiting wood so I can start playing again!

not yet, just finished last night around midnight, working 24 hours today, should get to at least fire some test shots in the morning. The gun FEELS a lot better now, the way I had it rigged up before, the pistol grip was further back where the stock connected to the receiver, felt a little front heavy. Now it feels a lot more balanced.

I really like the feel of it now.

Thanks MAA!

• 3 weeks later...