well, so i had shot a buddys m4rgery and kinda liked the thought of a low recoil gun...

i did some shopping around and i ended up buying a del ton mid length carbine kit

after ordering it i procured a tactical innovations lower....got it for 99 couldn't pass it up....

so after a week of waiting for the kit to be built, and another week waiting on ups....snow in texas damn ups....

well other than the roll pins being tight as hell it went together smooth....

after looking the kit over and doing some research MY del ton is made of some of the following parts....

cerro forge upper

non f marker fsb but it does come with the taller front sight

a wilson 1x9 5.56 chambered hbar...non chrome lined my ak is still my shtf gun

and a civilian spec reciever extension....

i shot it for the first time today (and now just realizing i left my camera at my buddys range and will have to post pics later)

got it zeroed at 50 yards for a 200bz and the damn thing was making one ragged hole after i got it to poa/poi, i had a steel rack behind the zero target and if it wasnt for the steel i would have thought i was missing...the del ton was amazingly accurate...this was with brass cased monarch from academy....

i wont lie guys, it made me a little wet, i'll get some pics up....

if you do a build with a tactical innovations t15 ( t-15) it will work great but the bolt catch it a little tight.....

Del-Ton uses good parts.

There is almost NO corrosive 5.56/.223 ammo, chrome lining is worth an extra 10,000 rounds barrel life. Run a patch down your bore with CLP or Hoppes #9 or any cleaner with a rust inhibitor every few months that the rifle sits stored and it will never rust.

1/9 MAY not stabilize bullets heavier than 62gn.

The bolt catch will loosen up with use, tight is better than loose.

Check your carrier key for staking. If it isn't staked I just use high temp locktite on the screws. It can be a pain to do a good staking yourself if you don't have a staking tool and locktite is dummy proof.

ohh someone looked i guess this would be the time to add....

gas key is actually properly staked, i will post pictures....it is done right and this suprised the shiz outa me

the catch works so that is what matters...

and kit+reciever+8mags 660$.....removable carry handle 40...so call it 700....

Edited by elia.jon1
  • 2 weeks later...

the price of 500 was not just an upper, ir was upper, lower parts kit, butt stock and its stuff...all but the lower

and after looking real well at a model 1 sales upper, i think they are close to the same thing....same exact upper reciever...the bolt is different, his is staked wrong, my del ton is staked correctly, i think they use about the same barrel, but my middy outshoots his lightweight carbine all day long...