Just wanted to say hi to everyone... I'm the proud owner of several AKs, but my favorite flavors are a basement-converted Saiga x39 and Saiga-12. I will be adding a 5.45 and x51 to the family as soon as I can afford to do so. I dearly wish Tula and Molot were imported as well, but in any case I'm sold on Russian AKs.

Whenever anyone asks, the answer is always "Saiga!"

Just wanted to say hi to everyone... I'm the proud owner of several AKs, but my favorite flavors are a basement-converted Saiga x39 and Saiga-12. I will be adding a 5.45 and x51 to the family as soon as I can afford to do so. I dearly wish Tula and Molot were imported as well, but in any case I'm sold on Russian AKs.

Whenever anyone asks, the answer is always "Saiga!"

welcome and as always we demand PICS!

I'm not usually one to take pics, but since you asked... here is my first Saiga which I broke my teeth on. A x39 and continues to be a work-in-progress. My S-12 is still stock and awaiting all the right parts--I want to do a quality job on that one. This one got mostly low-end Tapco stuff, and a bubba'd front grip. Next up for this guy is drilling out the front sight pins and putting a respectable compensator on it. I added a Mojo sight and have been very pleased with it for everything <150 yards or so.

Good to be part of the group!

post-23465-12677443882859_thumb.jpg

I'm not usually one to take pics, but since you asked... here is my first Saiga which I broke my teeth on. A x39 and continues to be a work-in-progress. My S-12 is still stock and awaiting all the right parts--I want to do a quality job on that one. This one got mostly low-end Tapco stuff, and a bubba'd front grip. Next up for this guy is drilling out the front sight pins and putting a respectable compensator on it. I added a Mojo sight and have been very pleased with it for everything <150 yards or so.

Good to be part of the group!

good job on the build...how about the lower half of oyur avatar :haha:

RC,

Welcome! Looks like a pretty complete avtomat to me!

Truth be told everyone on here has a Saiga that's a work in progress. Unless you have the money to do it all, but at that point get an Arsenal AK. The whole point is to do it the creative way (saves money as well, not always, but usually).

:super:

I'll have to ask my fiancee's permission to post the bottom half :super:

I have a picture of her with the Saiga, somewhere, I'll have to get around to updating it!

I'll have to ask my fiancee's permission to post the bottom half :super:

I have a picture of her with the Saiga, somewhere, I'll have to get around to updating it!

ooops...looks like she can handle a firearm...good luck :devil: