Question about trigger groups on site

Hi, I'm about to order parts for my conversion, and was browsing around on your site. While searching, I found the image with the "Tromix vs standard G2" trigger groups (below), and had a question. Why does the bump (number 2) have to be removed to work in a Saiga 12? I've been searching through these forums for the past hour, and couldn't find anything on that. I want to have a working trigger group, but I want to trash the BHO when I get it (and I read that if you have a Tromix'd trigger group without a BHO in place, it could cause problems). Would definitely like to know what the deal is before I order. Thanks a lot!

trxtrgword.jpg

The bump must be removed or it will hit the cross member before it engages the firing pin. You can still use the Tromix trigger group without the BHO if you use a washer as a spacer on the right side to replace the BHO.

The hump is gone on the Tromix modified hammer, because it will interfere with the S12 bolt guide/ejector tab/cross member directly in front of the hammer if it is not ground down evenly with the top of the hammer axis.

Also, the Tromix modified group trigger group comes preassembled with the disconnector spring pre installed. The width of the hammer axis has been modified to the correct width on the right hand side to accommodate the width of the BHO located on the RH side of the receiver.

These are all things you can do yourself, but the Tromix trigger group is a true "plug and play" system, and for that reason many DIY'ers prefer it, especially for their first build(s).

CSS offers terrific service and good pricing, and Greg stands behind what he sells.

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick replies! I like the idea of not having to grind it down myself, so I might go with the Tromix trigger group for my S-12. How is the washer secured if I choose to not re-install the BHO? Some kind of notch on the inside of the receiver? Also, if I'm going to be converting my 7.62x39, and don't want to keep the BHO on that, can I just throw in an unmodified G2 group (after installing the original disconnector spring, of course)?

Edit: Just opened up my WASR (my Saigas are still en route) and saw that the washer would be held in place by the axis pin. Duh! Guess I didn't really think about it.

Edited by merc545