After reading the "dimples" thread, wanted to post an update...

My Saiga is a 09 gun. It came with dimples and the PG hole. Very cool.

I've got an 09 rifle also. I plan to put a muzzle device on it and when I removed the FSB shroud, mine did not have threads. I know others with 09 riles found threads under their shrouds. If you're planning to add a muzzle device, let us know what you find under the shroud.

My 09 has the dimples and PG hole cut also. I have not restored it yet so do not know if it has threads or not. I will let everyone know.

I've got an 09 rifle also. I plan to put a muzzle device on it and when I removed the FSB shroud, mine did not have threads. I know others with 09 riles found threads under their shrouds. If you're planning to add a muzzle device, let us know what you find under the shroud.

Here is where the noob part really comes out... is there an easy way to remove the FSB shroud?

Edited by centerline

Here is where the noob part really comes out... are we talking under the gas tube? Or do I need to take something else off to see? I will check it out right away.

The shroud in under the front end of the barrel in front of the sights.. the extra metal is cut off and hopefully the barrel is threaded. If not and you want a muzzle brake/flash suppressor you will have to thread the end of the barrel..

Hope Is said this right..

Here is where the noob part really comes out... are we talking under the gas tube? Or do I need to take something else off to see? I will check it out right away.

The shroud in under the front end of the barrel in front of the sights.. the extra metal is cut off and hopefully the barrel is threaded. If not and you want a muzzle brake/flash suppressor you will have to thread the end of the barrel..

Hope Is said this right..

The FSB and shroud is all one piece for sure and looks to be a real pain to remove. However, I can see just little bit into the gap between the sleeve/shroud and the barrel. Barrel looks threaded (fine thread).