Cleaning & Restoring Metal Mags

I picked up 4 eastern bloc mag for the 7.62 today at the gun show. They have some rust on the lips. The metal plate looks new not ammo marks.

What is the best way to remove the rust, and make them look good.

Thanks

I picked up 4 eastern bloc mag for the 7.62 today at the gun show. They have some rust on the lips. The metal plate looks new not ammo marks.

Thanks

depends on if you plan on painting them again if so, just use the wire brush on a dremel its what i do on mine. mine seem to rust a lot for some reason most of them are pitted. ps, if your gonna take pride in my state dont forget a word in your quote ;)

Thanks

depends on if you plan on painting them again if so, just use the wire brush on a dremel its what i do on mine. mine seem to rust a lot for some reason most of them are pitted. ps, if your gonna take pride in my state dont forget a word in your quote ;)

Thanks... Just cleaned on up with a wire brush and going to get some primer and flat black paint tomorrow..

Ok... I am a bred born Texan.... what word are you talking about?

lol dont know if i am reading it wrong but it says, "life is to short not live it as a texan" shouldnt it say life is too short to not live it as a texan??

Yep your are correct... Thanks....

no prob sorry for putting you on the spot lol just love my state especially when they thrash all those penuts and got them open fields to shoot hogs with my aks hope those mags look ok flat black

lol dont know if i am reading it wrong but it says, "life is to short not live it as a texan" shouldnt it say life is too short to not live it as a texan??

Yep your are correct... Thanks....

no prob sorry for putting you on the spot lol just love my state especially when they thrash all those penuts and got them open fields to shoot hogs with my aks hope those mags look ok flat black

I know what you mean... I am a Texan thru and thru.... nobody can put us down.

never been hog hunting..... I am to darn slow... LOL... bad knees.....

Now just need to get the restoration done and go shoot the new girl....

Mike

I built an Electrolytic De-ruster. It's really easy. Here are the instructions I used. http://www.instructables.com/id/Electrolytic-Rust-Removal-aka-Magic

I removed the rust off a lot of my Great Grandfather's tools that had been pasted down to me. These tool had been in a humid Dallas garage for the last 2 generations. If not for the pitting, they would look brand new.

I also used this on some ruger mini-14 mags that had some rust on them. It took the paint off too. Now I'm out of rusty items.