you suppressor know-it-alls

So I got a DeGroat can on the way and i was wondering, do suppressors cause a small drop in FPS for 9mm? if they do, anyone know of a ballistics chart for it? Oh, and what is everyone running for ammo in their 9mm cans? I hear 147 winclean is the shit to run, or 158 but that's kinda hard to come by right now....any other suggestions? I have seen some oddball 135 grain stuff but it's still supersonic...

• 2 weeks later...

So I got a DeGroat can on the way and i was wondering, do suppressors cause a small drop in FPS for 9mm? if they do, anyone know of a ballistics chart for it? Oh, and what is everyone running for ammo in their 9mm cans? I hear 147 winclean is the shit to run, or 158 but that's kinda hard to come by right now....any other suggestions? I have seen some oddball 135 grain stuff but it's still supersonic...

Suppressors actually cause an increase in FPS since it is sealed on your barrel and traps the gas/burn powder. There are no charts for this has the internal volumn, length and width all come into play in this issue. I would suggest 147+ gr ammo, specifically Special K...I have not heard of any pro/con's on Winclean.

Respectfully,

MCASSgt New River

The special K ammo is great stuff, it's produced not far from me. If you want, I can send you the companies phone# and address. I have heard that the 158gr. stuff is tough on guns, but never shot any. I reload most all of my 9mm with the 147gr bullets to run subsonic thru my Yankee Hill can that I switch between the Beretta and Lusa rifles.

• 3 months later...