S12 5 round mag hold 3

i wanna dove hunt with my s12, but im afraid il get in trouble if i have the 5 rounder in and a game warden stops me he will try to give me hell about it. so, how would i make it only hold 3? and yes i know they make the 2 round mags and i dont wanna buy one.

How about making a plug by taking a steel plate, drilling a hole through it, welding a piece of bar stock into it, leaving a small piece sticking out of the bottom, Then making that small piece small enough to act as the part that holds the base plate.

Depending on the length of the bar, it would determine the amount of shells it could carry.

Pretty much you would be fabbing a piece like the part in the mag that gos over the baseplate & under the spring.

This is the first thing that came to mind for me.

yeh i was thinking a block of wood under the spring, i was thinking it would compress the spring too much, but i was thinking if i made it the same hieght as 2 shells it would be as compressed as having 2 in it already right?

yeh i was thinking a block of wood under the spring, i was thinking it would compress the spring too much, but i was thinking if i made it the same hieght as 2 shells it would be as compressed as having 2 in it already right?

That was my first thought, & it would work like you said, but I was thinking about the tab that holds the base plate on....

On second thought, your wood at the very bottom may work great AND hold the plate in if you were to put a small screw through the bottom hole into the wood, then cut off the screw head & grind the post down so just a small tab holds the base plate in the same as the stock part does.

Then disassembly would be the same as normal

I've heard of guys using wooden dowel rods that are the same diameter as a 12g shell.

Cut them to length and stack them under the follower. Add three under the follower and you get a two round mag. Add two under the follower for a three rounder.

Seems like a nice alternative to a block of wood and easily customized for each situation.

Good luck.