update bullet guide! I installed ;) look at picture

It's a little off but its in there, I might apply some JB weld or something because I do not know if it will come lose. Thank God we have tons of screws! lol I found a screw that was small enough to fit the hole already and didnt use the screw that came with my bullet guide. I recommend to all who suck at metal work and very scared to do this work(like me) to have extra screws on hand incase you screw up like me! I didnt make the hole any bigger just found a screw to place in it. Thanks so much for your help guys now my convert is complete :)

I do not think the tap worked? it got stuck half way, so I gave that up. I just screwd the screw in and put pressure and it went in :super:

post-21999-12708281635605_thumb.jpg

post-21999-12708281728965_thumb.jpg

Edited by saigarifles

It's a little off but its in there, I might apply some JB weld or something because I do not know if it will come lose. Thank God we have tons of screws! lol I found a screw that was small enough to fit the hole already and didnt use the screw that came with my bullet guide. I recommend to all who suck at metal work and very scared to do this work(like me) to have extra screws on hand incase you screw up like me! I didnt make the hole any bigger just found a screw to place in it. Thanks so much for your help guys now my convert is complete :)

I do not think the tap worked? it got stuck half way, so I gave that up. I just screwd the screw in and put pressure and it went in :super:

When using the tap, did you clean the hole of steel particles, did you use oil in the hole, and did you turn it 1/8 inches and then reverse it on each new cut forward?

When using the tap, did you clean the hole of steel particles, did you use oil in the hole, and did you turn it 1/8 inches and then reverse it on each new cut forward?

I put oil on the bit not in the hole, yes I cleaned the hole from steel particles. I just did 1/4 turn, reverse, 1/4 turn etc.

Edited by saigarifles

I put oil on the bit not in the hole, yes I cleaned the hole from steel particles. I just did 1/4 turn, reverse, 1/4 turn etc.

Oiling the hole and using short partial turns will help ensure the tap does not over torque and break. Sometimes 1/16 turn and back will better.

I tapped several trunnions and never broke a tap yet by working it slowly back and forth in short turns and keeping the hole well oiled.

If the tap didn't break and just got stuck and you were able to back it out then just clean the tap and the hole oil and try again. It does take patience, as long as you don't try to force it. How far down was the tap? It might have actually begun to start cutting. You Will be able to feel the resistance as it cuts. If you are going to try what you have then i would go with some loctite then JB weld for insurance.