SUREFIRE BUTTSTOCK

their supposed to be good for about 7,000 rounds or so.they should also keep down wear and tear of the bolt assembly and reciever!(recoil buffer pad that is)my whole setup is still new,so no experience,but i still have one for the money, i figured why not try to keep wear down?good luck on the buttstock;i have a tapco,but there are so many good options out there.

You shouldn't need a recoil buffer. The bolt doesn't always slam clear to the rear of the receiver making contact with the rear trunnion, but with a recoil buffer you're almost ensuring that it will hit the buffer and transfer that force to your rear trunnion every time you fire it, actually causing MORE wear than you would get without one. I would only use a buffer if your bolt is sticking, which it shouldn't be. If your bolt is slamming into the rear trunnion I would replace the spring rather than adding a buffer...

Just my .02

You shouldn't need a recoil buffer. The bolt doesn't always slam clear to the rear of the receiver making contact with the rear trunnion, but with a recoil buffer you're almost ensuring that it will hit the buffer and transfer that force to your rear trunnion every time you fire it, actually causing MORE wear than you would get without one. I would only use a buffer if your bolt is sticking, which it shouldn't be. If your bolt is slamming into the rear trunnion I would replace the spring rather than adding a buffer...

Just my .02

The bolt has never stuck. The gun has ran flawless never a problem of any kind. I'm not sure if the bolt is slamming into the rear trunion or not. The rifle has very little recoil though. Maybe I don't need the buffer. This is my first AK and maybe its normal to not have much recoil I don't know. I ended up getting a ACE 7.5in stock with SAW grip installed it today and I love it. I appreciate your reply on the recoil buffer. I don't know that much about AK's and thats the kind of feedback I'm looking for.