Water Cooling an S-12

Get a fuglystick minus the holes drilled in it, make a port to add water and seal everything off. Put a pressure cooker valve or something on it so as the water gets hot and expands it can escape as steam and not blow the thing up. Just an idea...

You could wrap the barrel in 1/8" copper or aluminum tubing, use quick connect fittings and rubber hoses along with a water can and a small pump. Awesome project - using a PUMP to PIMP an S-12!

What about rust...what kind of finish would I have to re-coat the barrel with? It's a good idea though...might actually have to try something like that lol...

He's saying coil it around the barrel.

Water wouldn't touch the barrel, only copper tubing would.

Overgas the gun & use the gas system to power the pump mounted to the top of the gun & attached to the top of the pushrod?

If there was a 1 way valve on the cool side of the coils, pressure from the water heating up would aid the pump so the pump wouldn't need to be all that powerful to circulate the water.

Since we're not talking about an automatic weapon, let alone a crew-served machine gun, this sounds like a solution in search of a problem to me. :huh:

Regardless, I very much doubt it would be worth the extra weight and bulk it would add to the shotgun.

Well maybe not on the S-12 then. On a regular AK where you have drum mags it's entirely plausible that something could be made. It's just a bit of boredom affecting my mind...lol...

You could wrap the barrel in 1/8" copper or aluminum tubing, use quick connect fittings and rubber hoses along with a water can and a small pump. Awesome project - using a PUMP to PIMP an S-12!

What about rust...what kind of finish would I have to re-coat the barrel with? It's a good idea though...might actually have to try something like that lol...

Overgas the gun & use the gas system to power the pump mounted to the top of the gun & attached to the top of the pushrod?

If there was a 1 way valve on the cool side of the coils, pressure from the water heating up would aid the pump so the pump wouldn't need to be all that powerful to circulate the water.

Since we're not talking about an automatic weapon, let alone a crew-served machine gun, this sounds like a solution in search of a problem to me. :huh:

Regardless, I very much doubt it would be worth the extra weight and bulk it would add to the shotgun.

I know.

Fun to brainstorm though...

I know.

Fun to brainstorm though...

I've got a bullpup AK that might due nicely. A water-cooled bullpup lol...that would be a funny sight...