Actual AK trigger guards with the mag latch built in...

Are seriously the toughest things I have ever seen. I picked one up from K-Var for using on a 5.45 conversion where I decided to be picky and wanted one of the attached units like the real AK74's have. Well anyway, it came without the hole for the magazine latch pivot pin drilled. So, I lay out where the hole should be, and then proceed to dull three cobalt drill bits and a hardened center drill trying to dent the thing. Long story short is I had to heat it red hot to remove the temper, drill it, then re-temper the guard myself... Why do I always do this stuff to myself trying to be picky?

i bought a 4mm drill bit from a vendor than i cant mention here, but it worked like a charm, but you better make sure the holes are EXACTLY where they need to be or you're going to have mad mag wobble!

my advice to you after having my head chewed off by Nalioth and a few others is just get a bolt-on trigger guard and bolt your stock mag catch back on and go that route...it will save you a HUGE headache!

Too late for that, trigger guard is already in and done, magazines seat just fine. I have 40+ years of machinist experience from my dad to help when I decide to do projects the hard way.