Removing S12 side mount. Any guides, advice or suggestions?

Hello all, I would like to remove the stock side scope mount on my S12. I will be getting a Chaos Extended Quad setup and I know that I will never have a need for it. Does anyone have a step-by-step guide or any helpful tips on removing that mount?

Edited by BuDA

You'll need to drill out the rivets. IMO, it's short sighted to do so as your options will be limited in the future, but it's your choice. People pay good money to have those mounts placed on. I hang out at a master gunsmith's shop daily, and can tell you he thinks it is ignorant to mess with them.

You'll need to drill out the rivets. IMO, it's short sighted to do so as your options will be limited in the future, but it's your choice. People pay good money to have those mounts placed on. I hang out at a master gunsmith's shop daily, and can tell you he thinks it is ignorant to mess with them.

well if anyone has some pics on how to or more positive info about it, i would like to know too so i can remove off my 12 and x39

I took mine off. I don't regret it, I'm never going to put an optic on my shorty and I like the clean look.

F3.jpg

There's no trick to it. Remove the rivets however you can and weld up the holes.

Edited by BobAsh

I took mine off. I don't regret it, I'm never going to put an optic on my shorty and I like the clean look.

F3.jpg

There's no trick to it. Remove the rivets however you can and weld up the holes.

love the gas regulator, thanks for posting this pic, i needed to know where to weld my sights

The rivet closet to the rear of the receiver is also attached to something in addition to the mount. If I remove the rivet, would I need to replace it to hold that piece in place? Sorry I dot have a picture to post what I'm talking about because I'm at work. Also Im doing this myself so I won't be welding anything to cover those holes, I was thinking to just use the nylon plugs.

The rivet closet to the rear of the receiver is also attached to something in addition to the mount. If I remove the rivet, would I need to replace it to hold that piece in place? Sorry I dot have a picture to post what I'm talking about because I'm at work. Also Im doing this myself so I won't be welding anything to cover those holes, I was thinking to just use the nylon plugs.

your talking about the rivit on the rear trunion, i would assume a rivit really should be there, thats why when i cut mine off, i am weldig the existing rivit to the reciever.