I too have started from nothing and in a trade and economy that is far worse than during your start up. As far as the real estate thing I was mostly referring to commercial. You’re saying the same thing I am, there is opportunity for some people lucky enough, where things are limited on resources, you of all people “bounce” should know what luck is, but what about all the others on this forum, in this country, all the people who don't have our ability to turn water into wine!

The only thing I'd change in your statement above is comparing "opportunity" and "luck." We make our own luck. LUCK is where opportunity meets ambition (and effort and preparation and motivation). Limited resources can work in your favor and drive the person on the other side of the deal to agree to work WITH YOU rather than tell you to fuck off. Hopefully that makes sense.

I made some money flipping machines with all the companies going out, but it does come to end, we’re all in a big funnel, you sound like your still in an area where you can’t see the other side, so things look pretty good, or at least doable.

Oh Cameron, please, my man.... You think I can't see the other side? Shit, the other side is everywhere. What I'm trying to do is get people to realize there is another side to the situation. I'm trying to come up with an analogy here... It's like being stranded in the desert. To the unaided eye, one might think there is no food or water out there. However, the place is filled with food and water if you know where to look and HOW to look at it. I'm simply trying to get people to change their focus.

By the same token, the world is filled with money. There are trillions of dollars orbiting the planet looking for a profitable home. Once a worthy deal can be made, finding the financing in one way or another is generally not that hard.

But there many that have already reached the bottom and it isn’t looking so good for them.

That was the point of my horror stories. It wasn't looking good for me either. I'm saying that I "get it." Believe me, I've been there.

Our commercial real estate offices here didn't move a single property last year the entire year, not one! That’s all the real estate agencies, not one, the year before was a recorded year in 23 years counting. When you stab the heart all the willpower and motivational speaking will not give you one last breath. In truth when things get really bad there will be those who have a lot and those who have none, and unless you have like 100 billion you'll be joining those who have none, and so will my kids and yours! That is if our nation continues down this path.

I have a lot I can say about this, but I'll save it for another time. In the mean time, what "real estate agencies" are you talking about? Where are you in the country and what is the situation behind these commercial properties?

I'm in Evansville IN, the situation is, most the manufacturing has left, not just here but many places in the U.S., where are you located? I've travel all over the east coast and up north in the last few months buying and sell machinery; it is nearing a critical point for manufacturing in this country! Your game plan is only for the few, and not realistic for most, all your saying is be all you be, you can do it, don't take no for an answer, really! Tell that to people losing everything, I did notice in your story it was you, just you going through this hard times, not you and four or five kids, oh yeah and maybe a dog or cat :lolol: The advice you’ve suggested is targeted for someone who went through what you did, someone alone. If you really want to help people, because you seem to have a lot of advice, then start by opening your eyes to what’s going on in this country and see what effective real change you can make, instead of boasting you should be charging 1000.00 per post. I feel like I've be hit with one of those midnight infomercials, or an Adam Sandler movie where the guy jumps out saying, you can freaking do it!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pauly, since you asked, and I don't mind telling, I'm happy to answer your post and your questions. I don't want to hijack the other thread anymore.       Yes       Yes     My parents w

Posted Images

If you really want to help people, because you seem to have a lot of advice, then start by opening your eyes to what’s going on in this country and see what effective real change you can make, instead of boosting you should be charging 1000.00 per post.

Translation: If I want to help people, I should learn how fucked I really am, and explain to others how fucked they really are.

There's no need for me to do that. You can get that anywhere - for free.

You're looking out at a desert and seeing no food and no water. In reality, there's a shit load of both. You just have to learn where to look and learn how to recognize it when you see it.

Edited by Bounce12
If you really want to help people, because you seem to have a lot of advice, then start by opening your eyes to what’s going on in this country and see what effective real change you can make, instead of boosting you should be charging 1000.00 per post.

Translation: If I want to help people, I should learn how fucked I really am, and explain to others how fucked they really are.

You're looking out at a desert and seeing no food and no water. In reality, there's a shit load of both. You just have to learn where to look and learn how to recognize it when you see it.

Go to Detroit and see what you can do in commercial real estate, all the creative thinking in the world won’t do anything at this point! Many people are in a state of denial of just how bad things are out there. Many communities are not recession proof because the rely on those things that are being stripped away, entire communities that have been built on these industrial foundations, and have been rock to the core, my town as well, the same thing has been happening here for the last ten years. People that own commercial property here are dropping their lease rate to and below cost just to keep these properties! The only people that could take advantage of this unfortunate situation is, Hospitals, Fast food, and auto repair. Hospitals are building their shit, so they’re out, fast food are building they're own shit, so they’re out, auto repair is the only one left and I just don’t see many of those absorbing the real estate crash. The fix is simple, bring back industry, you bring back opportunity for people to live the American dream!

Go to Detroit and see what you can do in commercial real estate, all the creative thinking in the world won’t do anything at this point! Many people are in a state of denial of just how bad things are out there. Many communities are not recession proof because the rely on those things that are being stripped away, entire communities that have been built on these industrial foundations, and have been rock to the core, my town as well, the same thing has been happening here for the last ten years. People that own commercial property here are dropping their lease rate to and below cost just to keep these properties! The only people that could take advantage of this unfortunate situation is, Hospitals, Fast food, and auto repair. Hospitals are building their shit, so they’re out, fast food are building they're own shit, so they’re out, auto repair is the only one left and I just don’t see many of those absorbing the real estate crash. The fix is simple, bring back industry, you bring back opportunity for people to live the American dream!

OK, here's the deal Cameron... What's up with "Detroit?" That place is in Michigan and you're in Indiana. Why worry about what someone in Detroit is going to do?

However, I do have an answer for it. I heard that in Detroit, some 3-br houses are selling for $7,000! I'm pretty sure I could find an investor willing to receive a 20% return on their $7K ($120/month) and I'd bet I could rent the place out for $300/month or so at least. I'd buy up and entire neighborhood making money hand over fist if I was there, but that really is beside the point.

The point is that you've trained yourself to see the glass as half empty. I understand that that's LITERALLY what you see and undoing that is the task you have before you. It won't be easy and it's not for the feint of heart. As I have repeatedly stated, if you want your life to change, you must FIRST change your ideas. You can argue for your own limitations all you want and you can argue for how fucked your surroundings are and how impossible it all is all you want. People are very reluctant to give up their ideas. They know what they know and that's it.

I am simply stating that there are lots of things right before you that escape your attention. You look at them, yet don't see them.

Believe me, I understand. I've been there. I've been through it. The only real difference between me and you is that over time I managed to train my mind to look at things differently. I see things that escape others. You can too.

Edited by Bounce12

There is a reason houses are selling in Detroit for that price, industry has left! The only reason you live where you are is because there is something stabilizing the economy, or still enough to keep people there. Housing only exist to house people and places of business, imagine a whole community based off just housing nothing else, I mean nothing else, how well would that work? It has nothing to do with how I look at the world and everything to do with what is going on in the world.

There is a reason houses are selling in Detroit for that price, industry has left! The only reason you live where you are is because there is something stabilizing the economy, or still enough to keep people there. Housing only exist to house people and places of business, image a whole community based off just housing nothing else, I mean nothing else, how well would that work? It has nothing to do with how I look at the world and everything to do with what is going on in the world.

Has far as looking at the grass half empty, your right there! I'm a realist and don't care for sugar coating things. If need more in my glass believe me, I have more than one way to do so. I think you and I are stuck on two different mind sets, me I'm pointing out all the loss opportunity the our great nation has suffered and you are pointing out people can turn water to wine.

There is a reason houses are selling in Detroit for that price, industry has left! The only reason you live where you are is because there is something stabilizing the economy, or still enough to keep people there. Housing only exist to house people and places of business, image a whole community based off just housing nothing else, I mean nothing else, how well would that work? It has nothing to do with how I look at the world and everything to do with what is going on in the world.

Has far as looking at the grass half empty, your right there! I'm a realist and don't care for sugar coating things. If need more in my glass believe me, I have more than one way to do so. I think you and I are stuck on two different mind sets, me I'm pointing out all the loss opportunity the our great nation has suffered and you are pointing out people can turn water to wine.

Cameron, the end result is that you're falling into 0bama's trap. Once you give up and seriously believe there is no hope, the ONLY place there will be to look will be to government. That's what he wants. That's what he's depending on. That's what he expects you to do.

I want no part of that. The loss of industry is what it is, but it's damn sure not sinking me. I'll tell you something else... it will be at least a decade (maybe two) before this shit gets turned back around (if it does at all). There is NO REASON you can't get wealthier every month regardless of how badly those around you are doing.

Have you ever known someone who, for whatever reason, has the golden touch? Money just finds this kind of person - as opposed to someone who lets money flow through their fingers and is ALWAYS BROKE. THAT is the person you want to become. If you're waiting for industry to turn around and be like it was, you're going to be old and gray before you see it. It's time to stop swinging our daddies' axes (industrial age thinking) and learn to play by some new rules. Those that can adjust and ADAPT will be much better off than those who cannot.

Edited by Bounce12

Cameron, the end result is that you're falling into 0bama's trap. Once you give up and seriously believe there is no hope, the ONLY place there will be to look will be to government. That's what he wants. That's what he's depending on. That's what he expects you to do.

I want no part of that. The loss of industry is what it is, but it's damn sure not sinking me. I'll tell you something else... it will be at least a decade (maybe two) before this shit gets turned back around (if it does at all). There is NO REASON you can't get wealthier every month regardless of how badly those around you are doing.

Have you ever known someone who, for whatever reason, has the golden touch? Money just finds this kind of person - as opposed to someone who lets money flow through their fingers and is ALWAYS BROKE. THAT is the person you want to become. If you're waiting for industry to turn around and be like it was, you're going to be old and gray before you see it. It's time to stop swinging our daddies' axes (industrial age thinking) and learn to play by some new rules. Those that can adjust and ADAPT will be much better off than those who cannot.

Of course it's not sinking you right now, you're not in it! As far as turning toward the Gov. you apparently don't realize who your talking to. I'm giving up, trying to get people to react to all the treason and understanding the only thing that will correct this is action, putting our feet down and saying no more, bringing back industry, and if you really think you're not just as fucked as the rest of us without our industrial might, your just kidding yourself.

Cameron, people reading this might see things your way or they might see them mine. I am here to help the motivated, the ambitious, and the willing. Honestly, I don't have anything else for you.

Good luck.

A hustler will always survive, or die trying.

The weak will just die belly up waiting for a handout.

I have friends who haven't been "employed" for years. They may not be rich, but weather their flipping used cars from auctions, wrenching on cars, breeding the biggest most bad-ass Blues (pit-bulls) you've ever seen, or utilizing other talents, they're loving life.

Personally I feel if one begins not enjoying their job, it's time to leave & utilize their other talents.

Wealth has many definitions & reality is all in one's perception.

One thing for sure, is if one spends their whole life as a servant, without showing initiative, when the SHTF, they will be lost & come time to swim, they will sink.

Yes.

We're screwed...

But at least we know this & can get busy getting ready.

One may or may not make it big, however learning how to utilize all of one's talents makes them impervious to complete failure.

A hustler will always survive, or die trying.

The weak will just die belly up waiting for a handout.

I have friends who haven't been "employed" for years. They may not be rich, but weather their flipping used cars from auctions, wrenching on cars, breeding the biggest most bad-ass Blues (pit-bulls) you've ever seen, or utilizing other talents, they're loving life.

Personally I feel if one begins not enjoying their job, it's time to leave & utilize their other talents.

Wealth has many definitions & reality is all in one's perception.

One thing for sure, is if one spends their whole life as a servant, without showing initiative, when the SHTF, they will be lost & come time to swim, they will sink.

Yes.

We're screwed...

But at least we know this & can get busy getting ready.

One may or may not make it big, however learning how to utilize all of one's talents makes them impervious to complete failure.

Paul I agree with you about this. One thing is for sure, if the economy implodes, and it may very well do that, it will have an enormous cleansing effect on the gene pool. Those that have perfected the art of living on the gravy train will be the least capable of survival. They don't have the skills to do anything but whine and wait for the gubmnt check.

There is one other point I want to make: the term Hustler has a lot of different connotations and I'm not sure exactly how you mean that word to play, but to me, a "hustler" is thought of as someone who gains by deceitful means (maybe like a swindler or thief, or something like that - pool shark). That's NOT what I did, nor is it what I do.

It can also mean someone who does what he has to do to survive on the streets - energetically swinging deals - so in that sense the word does apply to me. What I have done is 100% above-board and good for everyone involved and the community. What I have done in the past is find people who have managed to screw themselves and I give them an offer that they are free to decline. Fortunately, I don't have to do it anymore.

I'd venture to say that I looked at 100 potential property deals for every one that actually worked out. The reality behind that sentence is that I looked at 100 potential ""motivated sellers" to find one who was willing to deal with me. Those are the realistic numbers and why it takes so much energy and ambition. THAT is what it takes and most people aren't willing to even consider doing that much work without the guarantee of a pay check. It's like this... if there was a mountain of oysters on the dock and you KNEW that there were one or two that had pearls, how many would you be willing to look through to find the gem? My answer is, ALL OF THEM. Most people will say, "What guarantee do I have that there is a pearl in one of them and how much do I get paid for looking through them?"

People that need "guarantees" will generally choose to stay in their job and try to convince themselves that they really enjoy what they're doing.

Edited by Bounce12

Read the first post.. and holy crap bounce.. you've really made something out of your life. The media loves to focus on actors and celebrities but you really are the kind of person that makes this country worth living in. Know a few people simular and they are the people I aspire to, but I won't rant on them, that's going a bit off topic.

I think Bounce is the best nickname ever.. You can't really be more screwed then freefalling without a parachute, but you endured that as you endured every situation.. Good job man, few people can say they lived the life you have.

Good job man, few people can say they lived the life you have.

Few people would WANT to. It's not exactly been a day at the beach. LOL

no, it's not, but to have endured the way you have must give you some satisfaction when you think of all you've achieved. I don't wish to experience your misfortune, but if I do, I hope I come out as well and rise to the challenge.

There is one other point I want to make: the term Hustler has a lot of different connotations and I'm not sure exactly how you mean that word to play, but to me, a "hustler" is thought of as someone who gains by deceitful means (maybe like a swindler or thief, or something like that - pool shark). That's NOT what I did, nor is it what I do.

The term "hustler" does not mean con man.

It is a motivated opportunist.

But a side note, what do you have against "pool sharks"?

If you're dumb enough to gamble, you're dumb enough to lose. If I'm just banging around on the table & you think I suck, so you decide to lay money on the table, that's your own deal.

If I actually open up the can of whoop-ass after a few games where I was just having fun & you go home broke...

Well quit whining about the other guy being a "hustler" & go work on your game.

I spent quite a bit getting my ass handed to me by certified masters. You get out what you put in.

I personally feel that most who gamble are fools (unless they are running their own game). That's why 8-ball & 9-ball are the only things I will usually bet on. Because I control it.

If someone thinks that "luck" is gonna fill their pockets, I'll gladly show them otherwise.

That being said, once in a while, I'll shoot craps, but only if I am willing to lose.

Pool on the other hand... Well some go into it too confident & especially if you're a shit talker, bring your skill, or empty your pockets.

It's compatition.

You never hear people bitching about the other guy being too good at poker do you? Why pool?

Edited by Paulyski

The term "hustler" does not mean con man.

It is a motivated opportunist.

But a side note, what do you have against "pool sharks"?

It's not that I have anythign against them, I don't. It's just not what I am.

If you're dumb enough to gamble, you're dumb enough to lose. If I'm just banging around on the table & you think I suck, so you decide to lay money on the table, that's your own deal.

If I actually open up the can of whoop-ass after a few games where I was just having fun & you go home broke...

Well quit whining about the other guy being a "hustler" & go work on your game.

I spent quite a bit getting my ass handed to me by certified masters. You get out what you put in.

I personally feel that most who gamble are fools (unless they are running their own game). That's why 8-ball & 9-ball are the only things I will usually bet on. Because I control it.

If someone thinks that "luck" is gonna fill their pockets, I'll gladly show them otherwise.

That being said, once in a while, I'll shoot craps, but only if I am willing to lose.

Pool on the other hand... Well some go into it too confident & especially if you're a shit talker, bring your skill, or empty your pockets.

It's compatition.

You never hear people bitching about the other guy being too good at poker do you? Why pool?

OK, I am a bit torn here because this isn't a financial forum, yet I know "some" people are interested. So, if the mods are sick of this, just delete the thread and I'll stop talking about this shit. No problemo.

When I was making these posts last week, I decided that it might be instructive to those here (and it would definitely be instructive to my kids) if I was to start with absolutely NOTHING all over again. Meaning, I will use nothing but my knowledge and experience and start from scratch and do it again. The first place to start is with goals. So my first goal is to get control of a property using none of my own money and turn it into monthly cash-flow. That is, I turn NOTHING into a check each month. The size of the check doesn't matter for right now, but if I can generate a couple of grand a month by the end of the summer, it will be satisfactory. My second goal is to have my oldest daughter get involved so she can SEE with her own eyes how things happen.

OK, well, she doesn't graduate from high school for a couple weeks, but I started spreading the word that I was looking to buy a house or two. I didn't even send out mailers. I am still sniffing around looking for neighborhoods and thinking about how to design a mailer that will be effective at bringing the people I am looking for out of the woodwork. So far, I really haven't done much. However, I mentioned it to one of the tenants in one of my commercial properties.

Low and behold, she happened to mention it to someone who happened to mention it (word of mouth) and I got a call from a seller who is willing to sell TWO houses to me on a real estate contract (basically an IOU). They have owned these two houses for decades and they are paid off - the seller owns them outright. THey know they can't sell them for cash in this market and they're more interested in monthly cash-flow right now anyway.

Now, here's the interesting part... these two houses are adjacent to one of my commercial properties and my tenant can use that space to grow her business - my tenant is willing to RENT those two houses from me. So, here's the plan.... I buy these two houses for nothing down, I lease them to my tenant (she pays me rent on them) and I use that income to pay the contract off. There is some remodeling that has to be done and my tenant will have to pay for that.

So, you may ask, why doesn't my tenant just buy the houses and leave me out of it? LOL Good question. I own the major building that she's operating out of now. The two houses won't be worth anything without that. So, she really wants to buy the whole damn thing from me on yet another real estate contract. She doesn't want the two houses - she wants the whole thing.

So, we'll do it this way for now and as time goes on, I may very well just sell her the whole fucking property and move on to something else.

I was able to come up with this in, what, a week or so? That may be an anomaly, but it ONLY happened because I opened my mouth and started talking about wanting to do it. Had I not done all these threads with Paulyski, it probably wouldn't have happened at all.

The simple fact of opening my mouth here on this forum is what got me rolling again. The cancer brought my ass to a stop and this helped get me rolling again. This IS doable.

Edited by Bounce12