Question from a new guy

it means restoring it to the original military spec setup it was designed to have.it includes everything from the buttstock,pistol grip,moving the trigger group forward(trigger,sear,disconnect,and springs),installing a bullet guide to accept ak mags,adding a muzzle brake,changing gas tube,front sight block,and even the rest of the furniture!hope this helps!there are many conversations to look up on this site ,with pictures!

Just to be clear, the shotguns don't get bullet guides during conversion.

Converted my 410 and the conversion does make it a better, easier handling, more balanced gun. I did a Surefire lower hand guard, Surefire 10 rnd mag, trigger group mod, ergo pistol grip, vertical front grip and K-Var AK butt stock. I installed a flashlight on the side rail of the hand guard, a scope mount on the receiver side mount rail and an inexpensive (Brunton-has held up well) red dot scope. Looks great, functions well. IMHO, a great varmint gun and close range home defense shotgun loaded with a couple rnds of shotshells backed up with rnds of slugs. The shotshells won't go through several walls endangering others and the slugs are equal to a 357 magnum bullet.

Edited by oliverb