I was just wondering if anyone has talked to Esteban at ETAC in the last couple weeks. I talked to him about three weeks ago and my S12 was boxed up and ready to ship but I haven't been able to get a hold of him by phone or email for the last two weeks. Just wondering if he is still at work or if he went out of town for a while.

I heard from him over a month ago telling me my gun was hanging just done being painted, that he was going to call me in a few days to arrange final shipping. After a month passed I emailed him again this was about a week ago, he told me he was busy building a three rail forearm. I am guessing that is what we are all waiting for. I know he has finished a lot of guns and there are still many of us waiting. I feel your pain bro, hopefully we will all have our guns soon.

I was just wondering if anyone has talked to Esteban at ETAC in the last couple weeks. I talked to him about three weeks ago and my S12 was boxed up and ready to ship but I haven't been able to get a hold of him by phone or email for the last two weeks. Just wondering if he is still at work or if he went out of town for a while.

You are not the only person to hear that lie from that guy. Why anyone would continue to do business with a guy who has showed his lack of regard for his customers with this kind of deceit, I cannot understand. So, he does great work. That doesn't mean shit if he fails to deliver the product.

You are not the only person to hear that lie from that guy. Why anyone would continue to do business with a guy who has showed his lack of regard for his customers with this kind of deceit, I cannot understand.

Do you have a dog in this fight? If not, do you believe anyone here on the forum gives a patootie as to what you personally can or cannot understand? Like to read your own typing, do ya???

. . .So, he does great work. That doesn't mean shit if he fails to deliver the product.

Had you conveyed, ". . . if he fails to deliver the product on time. . ." I would have agreed with you. But since you didn't, your statement is utterly false. To my knowledge and understanding Esteban and GoGun has always "delivered" an exceptional product. It is the length of the wait his typical customer has to endure. . . I would propose is the historical issue.

Dude, if you are going to flame someone, be accurate and concise with your statements.

I heard from him over a month ago telling me my gun was hanging just done being painted, that he was going to call me in a few days to arrange final shipping. After a month passed I emailed him again this was about a week ago, he told me he was busy building a three rail forearm. I am guessing that is what we are all waiting for. I know he has finished a lot of guns and there are still many of us waiting. I feel your pain bro, hopefully we will all have our guns soon.

darkblue -- Hey, that's some darned good news. What's it been now for you, going on something like nineteen months? Truly, you're my hero dude! Your patience is commendable.

:super:

darkblue- you've been waiting for 19 months? Thats a long damn time. I ordered mine back in March when I was in Afghanistan. I was hoping it would be waiting for me when I got home last week. I ordered one of his "oneoffs" so I thought all he would have to do is box it up and ship it. He said he found a few problems with the gun he wanted to fix, thats why its taken so long, and thats fine with me. I am just getting nervous that I haven't been able to get a hold of him for the last two weeks.

Congratulations, you bought a gun from them. I don't see how that qualifies you to be involved in this bit.

There's a constant flow of threads with people talking about ETAC dodging them and not delivering. I don't understand how these guys continue to get business.

Congratulations, you bought a gun from them. I don't see how that qualifies you to be involved in this bit.

There's a constant flow of threads with people talking about ETAC dodging them and not delivering. I don't understand how these guys continue to get business.

To be accurate, I sent GoGun my new IZ-240 rifle. . . as well as a bucket load of other accessories to be included on my conversion build nine months ago. If that doesn't "qualify" me to partake in the OP's original post, I'm all ears to hear from you what may?

I'm aware of the historical and current forum threads by people talking about ETAC GoGun. And contrary to your belief that I personally hang from Esteban's nuts (via your PM reply), I'm likely just as disgruntled as anyone who is currently waiting on their Saiga conversion from GoGun. I've simply subscribed to the reality that bashing or flaming Esteban or his company will get me absolutely no where.

FWIW (and it isn't worth much), I sent GoGun my new Saiga shortly after their shop had relocated (?) and "reorganized" and Esteban had reportedly implemented new processes of an assembly line nature, to facilitate getting the conversions completed sooner. Alas. . . these many months later, clearly (at least for my specific conversion work order) things haven't markedly changed for GoGun in that regard. I approached them with my conversion work order understanding the risk(s) based on their past performance. With their reorganization, I hoped for the best. . . . the rest remains yet to be seen.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Gary

I think any member of this forum has a right to post in any topic unless told otherwise by moderators, but that's just me. That's not to say that it's always the smartest thing to do, but that's besides the point. I have exchanged emails with Esteban this week , OP.

Thanks for the reply bigj480. Just so everyone knows I wasn't trying slam Esteban, just trying to get in touch with him.

I am sure no one perceived that you were slamming Esteban.

I hope you receive your gun very soon!

:up:

I am hopeful and am trying my hardest not to be negative or look on the situation negatively. I understand the complexity of what they are doing at Etac/Gogun being that I know how the CNC stuff works. Which does not necessarily mean I agree with certain practices and wait times that people are experiencing. I chose them for a couple specific reasons one being their quality looks very good, had I known the wait time would be so long I may have went a different route but my dog for say is in the fight and I am trying to stay hopeful and positive.

When I met Esteban he seemed to me to be a very busy but honest man, and of recent several people that I have spoke to here have started to get their guns so he is making some progress.

I have been waiting a very long time but there are others who have been waiting longer. I personally have just decided to wait it out an let him do what he does. I hope it will be a short wait from this point on, we will see.

Until then I just hope to see my gun before the 2yr mark and try to stay positive about the situation. Hopefully they will adapt and the wait and service will improve in the future so they will stay in business making good stuff for us addicts to enjoy.

You are not the only person to hear that lie from that guy. Why anyone would continue to do business with a guy who has showed his lack of regard for his customers with this kind of deceit, I cannot understand.

Do you have a dog in this fight? If not, do you believe anyone here on the forum gives a patootie as to what you personally can or cannot understand? Like to read your own typing, do ya???

. . .So, he does great work. That doesn't mean shit if he fails to deliver the product.

Had you conveyed, ". . . if he fails to deliver the product on time. . ." I would have agreed with you. But since you didn't, your statement is utterly false. To my knowledge and understanding Esteban and GoGun has always "delivered" an exceptional product. It is the length of the wait his typical customer has to endure. . . I would propose is the historical issue.

Dude, if you are going to flame someone, be accurate and concise with your statements.

Your accusation that my statement was "utterly false" is itself an utter falsehood. Note, for starters, that it was phrased hypothetically (i.e., "if"). So, IF he fails to deliver the product, his skill is irrelevant. Further, I would argue that if a delivery date is promised, and he fails to fulfill that promise, he has indeed failed to deliver. A perpetual delay is a failure to deliver; otherwise a promise to do something later qualifies as a valid excuse for having failed to do it now. For the sake of fairness and truth, I will tell you that I have never done business with this man. The only "dog" I have in this fight is a desire to protect other enthusiasts from being mistreated by someone who I perceive to be a dishonest businessman.

I would have no problem whatsoever waiting a year or three to get a quality conversion. I would be infuriated if it took this long after the builder promised the build in a shorter time frame. As long as the terms are clear up front, there is no dishonesty. It is that dishonesty that I take issue with, not the time elapsed.

I experienced a similar situation with a local gunsmith some time ago, although the amount of money and time involved were both much less. I dropped off a barrel to have it shortened, crowned and threaded. He volunteered a time-frame, telling me it would probably be ready in a few days, but it would definitely be done within two weeks. I thanked him, and didn't think anything of it until two weeks later. I called him, he said he hadn't gotten to it yet and to call back in a week. I did so, and it wasn't done. This went on for about a month and a half before I simply went down to the shop to pick up the barrel so I could take it to someone else. When I showed up at the shop, he grabbed the barrel, threw it in the lathe and finished the job in about ten minutes.

It did eventually get done and the job was fine, but it left a sour taste in my mouth. At least my gunsmith delivered within three times the time period quoted.

Gary, I'm not attacking you. You're in a shitty situation. I don't think bashing or flaming Esteban is going to help you either. But it might help someone else avoid doing business with him, just as the negative feedback I've seen has convinced me that he's the only business member on this board I wouldn't remotely consider doing business with.

Cheers,

-Shandlanos

Jeez.....how long is this going to go on? Taking money up front and not delivering a gun for 12-20 months. We've all been watching this bullshit go on for several years. Just how long are you guys going to sign up for a rear delivery butt fucking from E-tac?

How is this ass clown even still in business? How many times does a local customer have to come by and see an empty shop? Does E-tac still have some equipment, or is it like an Alliance Armament shop where he files the shit down in a shed?

Wow. I bought a puc from the site store and it was out of spec. I recieved communication from someone at GOGUN that they would send me a free one if I gave my address. I sent it around April 11 or 12. I recieved an email on the 27th stating it was on it's way. The out of spec puc came in a package that said there was a satisfaction guarantee. Should I just forget about it and buy a different brand of puc? I was going to get one of their trigger guards for my new S12, but I am growing skeptical of their customer service and products now. So far the puc is the only product I have experienced from them. I'm not impressed as it barely fit and I had to beat it out of my S12 with a rod. All of my other pucs go in and out with ease. On the bright side, at least I haven't been waiting for over a year to get a weapon back. I do all of the work on my weapons. If I can't do it.... it doesn't need to be done. I had no idea that ETAC had a questionable reputation here.

If they make good on the puc I will post about it. I know it is small beans compared to what you guys are going through, but at least you will know that something is happening there.

Why do the regulars on this board not say crap about this bullshit? Does E-tac have pictures of an admin's wife or what?

This is just crazy........jeez, grow a fucking nut.

Listen up Slapnuts... Folks whine and bitch because "we" live by a different perception of time than they do in Hawaii..

Bottom line... Folks get their guns... they may be freaking out for a while... but when they get them,.... they seem pretty happy.....

You wanna make em your business, I'll make you mine..... Fact is... his work is tops!!!

Juggernaut, I have nothing but respect for the way you handle yourself and this board.

I'm aware that esteban is a good craftsman. I'm saying that he fucks people over. Can you deny that I'm correct?

This IS a discussion board, right? I don't want to tell lies about anyone so please feel free to correct my inaccuracies.

Id think we would hear more after the gun gets to the owners..... & we don't hear much.... Just an occasional I wish it didn't take so long....

but most of us who have been around and understand the time frame....

Id think we would hear more after the gun gets to the owners..... & we don't hear much.... Just an occasional I wish it didn't take so long....

but most of us who have been around and understand the time frame....

I'm not bashing E-Tac or stirring shit, but I want to make it clear that it's not the time frame that people are upset about. Tromix had people waiting for some time but there were zero complaints. I'm not going to make very many public remarks on the issue at this time, but I just wanted to clear that little detail up. I have been waiting for about 2 years, but I have been told that I will have my gun shortly.

Edited by bigj480
Tromix had people waiting for some time but there were zero complaints.

Because tromix only takes peoples money when theyre ready to build the gun. No one has ever waited TWO FUCKING YEARS after they have paid their money to get a tromix gun. The actual waiting time is like 3 weeks, and its shorter now with the new method.