Having a little bit of an issue. I had set aside some money to convert my saiga. However, I found an Arsenal SLR 105 at a local shop. Now this may not seem like a big deal, but I live in Ct which is an AWB state and the only Ak 74's we get are over priced neutered romanians. Basically the one shop that actually removes bayo lugs, tacks on brakes etc. know they are the only game in town and gouges people. 74's are few and far between in other shops.

Looking for a price check. The shop that has the Arsenal is asking 650 for it. Is that a reasonable price? All of the price check info I found online is 4 or 5 years old.

If I'm not going to get gouged, I will convert at a later time and pick up the 105 now.

Having a little bit of an issue. I had set aside some money to convert my saiga. However, I found an Arsenal SLR 105 at a local shop. Now this may not seem like a big deal, but I live in Ct which is an AWB state and the only Ak 74's we get are over priced neutered romanians. Basically the one shop that actually removes bayo lugs, tacks on brakes etc. know they are the only game in town and gouges people. 74's are few and far between in other shops.

Looking for a price check. The shop that has the Arsenal is asking 650 for it. Is that a reasonable price? All of the price check info I found online is 4 or 5 years old.

If I'm not going to get gouged, I will convert at a later time and pick up the 105 now.

Thats a fair price for the 105 (assuming it doesn't have a ridiculously high round count). Pick up both. :super:

That's a reasonable price on an Arsenal, if it's in good condition. I say go for it, but offer less and try to talk the guy down. If it's a consignment there's usually some wiggle room in the price.

Convert the Saiga later.

Edited by rob-cubed

Not a consignment rifle. The shop bought it outright. Either it barely at used at all , or somebody loved that rifle. Had them set it aside for me this afternoon.Provided my tenants actually pay rent on time it will be mine tomorrow.

I'll just have to eat pb and j for a bit, it was a more money than I had set aside for the saiga conversion.

Not sweating t too much since I saw CAI Tantals and M74 ETRDs for 600. That paticular shop is awful though. I loved their Yugo 24/47 mausers ( maybe 240 in good condition) labelled as German K98s for 500 bucks.

Edited by opoche
  • 3 weeks later...

svetlana.jpg

Update.

Decided to take Bigsal's advice.

Just ended up skimping on the stock for the .308 (Aw shucks , I can only use American made hi caps in it now to comply with 922r).Just ended up using a beat 74 stock on the .308 until i can set something nice up. Though I have to say the ugliness has grown on me.

If that SLR saw much use it sure doesn't show it, glad I snapped it up.

Edited by opoche