Another FSB Topic

First thanks to all the effort and instructions on changine the FSB.

Now my concern is ending up with a canted FSB. If I drill the pin guides thru the dimples of the stock FSB I can't go wrong correct??

Last is there anyone selling a Saiga 5.45 with just the FSB changed, I can do the pistol grip mod and don't feel the need to pay for that, it would be cool if someone sold Saigas with a AK-74 FSB or if I could send the gun to someone to install it for a reasonable price. I understand it is a quick (low man-hrs) job for someone with the right tools. Anyone know of a gunsmith doing this? Checked and no gun smiths in my area even know what a damn AK-74 is lol.

Edited by Regal

Nope you can cant the FSB by following the stock holes, I know because I did exactly that. It is fixable but after doing that the first time I would not drill the holes based on the stock dimples.

I think the best way is to press the FSB on, bore sight it with a universal bore sighter or a 5.45 one if such a thing exists, and drill the holes once you know the FSB is straight with the barrel. There is nothing low man hours about changing the FSB, pressing it on and off is no problem, getting everything straight and drilling the holes is where the time is spent.