Dual (2) stage fire control?

Hey guys, I plan getting my rifle and ordering the conversion parts within the next couple of days here and I was looking at kvar's website and saw that they offered a dual stage fire control for only a few dollars more. I've been reading up on it, can't really find that much, but from what I've read, it's allegedly more accurate. Has anyone here put one on their rifle and noticed a difference? I'm bad when it comes to options (:P) and I'm looking for a little insight as to which of the two I should get.

Thanks much.

You can spend $14,000 on a NASCAR-certified race-ready steering wheel for your Chevy Chevette, but that's not gonna make it any more of a race car.

It is my opinion that "target triggers" (or two-stage triggers) are wasted in the Kalashnikov.

Well at KVAR right now, the dual stage is only 4 dollars more than the single. It's apparently 30% off. I'm talking about the 3 piece kit: hammer, trigger and disconnector. At that small of a price difference, I had to ask. I might buy a $4 more Nascar steering wheel if it works (even a little) better in my car.

Last two items on the page at this link.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=360&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=4

Edited by SAIGA-Genesis

Well at KVAR right now, the dual stage is only 4 dollars more than the single. It's apparently 30% off. I'm talking about the 3 piece kit: hammer, trigger and disconnector. At that small of a price difference, I had to ask. I might buy a $4 more Nascar steering wheel if it works (even a little) better in my car.

So, was your original question to ask about two stage triggers or was it to convince you to buy one? Now that people have suggested that there is pretty much no benefit of having one, you're even more interested in having it, because it is only $4 more. No one here cares about how you spend your money.

If that's what they're calling a "two stage", than ALL KALASHNIKOV FCGS are "two stage" triggers.

K-Var dissembles again. . .

On another note, you'll have to do surgery on that FCG to get rid of the trigger slap (Century FCGs are that way, too).

Texas AK Triggers, Tapco, and other US makes do not have the "trigger slap" design.

Edited by nalioth

So, was your original question to ask about two stage triggers or was it to convince you to buy one? Now that people have suggested that there is pretty much no benefit of having one, you're even more interested in having it, because it is only $4 more. No one here cares about how you spend your money.

I wasn't trying to be convinced to purchase one, they, from my perspective, made it sound like the "dual stages" were more expensive and therefore not worth it. My follow up question was just to make sure that they still weren't any better at $4 more. The whole reason I made this thread was because I saw the KVAR prices and didn't really know the difference. I don't really think there's much of a need to get upset, I was only curious... o_O

And thanks nalioth, I did think they looked a little too similar to be all that different. I also watched a conversion video before finding KVAR's sight and saw that surgery was necessary when changing the FCG. I don't mind a little surgery in exchange for 3 922r compliance parts. I want to get the rifle as under compliant as I can so that I have room to screw around later, should I choose to.

Thanks again.

A quick, and hopefully final, question on this.. I called MAA earlier and asked about their FCG's and the guy on the phone told me that I need a double hook to convert a saiga, which I found on their site. But when I look at the conversion parts for the 5.45 Saiga, it only lists the single hook, so I'm a little confused. Which one is needed? Again, the pictures look like they're exactly the same.

A quick, and hopefully final, question on this.. I called MAA earlier and asked about their FCG's and the guy on the phone told me that I need a double hook to convert a saiga, which I found on their site. But when I look at the conversion parts for the 5.45 Saiga, it only lists the single hook, so I'm a little confused. Which one is needed? Again, the pictures look like they're exactly the same.

You can use either one.

The Saigas some with a single hook setup, but cutting another slot for the second hook isn't difficult at all. . .