I just picked-up a nice Mini-14 from a local dealer, I had been passively looking for one for a few years. Anyway, it came with one magazine and I was looking for recommendations on aftermarket magazines, I've seen several brands: ProMag, National, Thermold, Triple K, and Butler Creek. Does anyone have experience with any of these or should I just stick with Ruger ones?

Thanks!

Of course you cant go wrong with the Ruger mags, and I have had good luck with Ramline transparent mags. I have heard a lot of good things about the new Tapco Mini 14 mags, but haven't found a vendor that has them in stock yet, I will be trying one when I can find them, as what I have heard and read leads me to believe they are gonna be great. I have not tried the Thermold, Triple k or Butler creek mags, but in my stainless Mini Ranch Rifle, Nationals do not work at all, and Promags don't work very well, I have heard that the Promags do work well in the blued guns.

We have the TAPCO Mini 14 magazines in stock @$13.19 each + shipping. If you type in code s12forum during online checkout through our website and you get 5% off your order (ex firearms, NFA, and shipping).

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/tapco-30rd-mini14-30-round-magazine-black-p-988.html

Of course you cant go wrong with the Ruger mags, and I have had good luck with Ramline transparent mags. I have heard a lot of good things about the new Tapco Mini 14 mags, but haven't found a vendor that has them in stock yet, I will be trying one when I can find them, as what I have heard and read leads me to believe they are gonna be great. I have not tried the Thermold, Triple k or Butler creek mags, but in my stainless Mini Ranch Rifle, Nationals do not work at all, and Promags don't work very well, I have heard that the Promags do work well in the blued guns.