after conversion run

Just got back from taking the 5.45 out for the first time since conversion. Big change for the better of course.

Other half was practicing for CCW requalification and had measured out the 25' line, I went more than three times her mark. I would say loosely 110' standing with good wind. I did ten checked and did ten more very casually. Not fast and not slow, just co witness the dot on the sites and pull the trigger...nothing precision. One hit the stake low of the paper plate. It ain't the prettiest grouping but is was relatively effortless, which happily surprises me.

The FSB looks like the sight is very far to the right, and after shooting it I need to move it to the left, and I should be better on center.

I really like the 5.45. It is very smooth with minimal recoil. I was also walking around point shooting from hip with stock folded, fun and easy, who knows, with a little practice might get OK at it too. Ammo is cheap enough to run the rifle without concern of supply.

No hiccups and the circle 21 mags worked like a dream. Still going to get a bullet guide.

target.jpg?t=1274472528

• 2 weeks later...

Snuck out yesterday and let a few more rounds fly. Same distance as before...much windier though.

You can see the adjustment I made while there to the front site. Didn't have much time but it is getting a little better.

Aside from the one FTF first trip out (second mag ever in the rifle), I have had no problems. Not sure if I need a bullet guide just yet. After I pick up more mags I will see how they run.

target2.jpg?t=1275489565

Snuck out yesterday and let a few more rounds fly. Same distance as before...much windier though.

You can see the adjustment I made while there to the front site. Didn't have much time but it is getting a little better.

Aside from the one FTF first trip out (second mag ever in the rifle), I have had no problems. Not sure if I need a bullet guide just yet. After I pick up more mags I will see how they run.

target2.jpg?t=1275489565

NMO, good to hear you got to take it out again, accuracy is looking pretty good. So far I have ran a couple mags through mine with no problems. But I will get a bullet guide just to be sure.