Put the 5.45 through its paces this weekend!

Well me and a few buddies took Sonny Puzikas AK class this weekend and the 5.45 was flawless, wish I could say the operator was the same. It was great to see and shoot 5.45 krinks, AK-47 in full auto, and a host of other AK platforms. If you do nothing else with your 5.45 or any AK platform go take Sonny's class, it is very humbling but also a wealth of real world information that you can apply to any pistol or combat rifle platform. 5.45s seemed to dominate the class but with 5.45 ammo as cheap as it is it didn't surprise me. TX-Zen let me shoot his krink and now my wife is pissed.....cause I gotta have one!

Well me and a few buddies took Sonny Puzikas AK class this weekend and the 5.45 was flawless, wish I could say the operator was the same. It was great to see and shoot 5.45 krinks, AK-47 in full auto, and a host of other AK platforms. If you do nothing else with your 5.45 or any AK platform go take Sonny's class, it is very humbling but also a wealth of real world information that you can apply to any pistol or combat rifle platform. 5.45s seemed to dominate the class but with 5.45 ammo as cheap as it is it didn't surprise me. TX-Zen let me shoot his krink and now my wife is pissed.....cause I gotta have one!

Where was the class?

Impact Zone outside of Houston, Sonny lives in Dallas so we are fortunate that he teaches at least one class a year here. I was surprised that people drove from all over the country, but I guess if you want to learn from the best.

I had a blast hanging out with you and your wingman Niner, it was good to see you there. You're welcome to shoot the Krink anytime...though I guess you'll have yours soon enough :)

(tell the wife I'm sorry, but hey, a Krink is a Krink and everyone should have one)

It was a humbling class but in a good way. Sonny really showed how much there is to know, or more importantly, shows you how much you don't know. All the instruction was simple and to the point...it all made sense and WORKED.

Some of the Spetz technique seems odd until it's explained and then you're like...duh, I should have thought of that.

I learned alot...a whole lot. And I can't say enough good about Sonny and his teaching style. Direct, friendly and he has a genuine interest in helping people learn.

Z

I had a blast hanging out with you and your wingman Niner, it was good to see you there. You're welcome to shoot the Krink anytime...though I guess you'll have yours soon enough :)

(tell the wife I'm sorry, but hey, a Krink is a Krink and everyone should have one)

It was a humbling class but in a good way. Sonny really showed how much there is to know, or more importantly, shows you how much you don't know. All the instruction was simple and to the point...it all made sense and WORKED.

Some of the Spetz technique seems odd until it's explained and then you're like...duh, I should have thought of that.

I learned alot...a whole lot. And I can't say enough good about Sonny and his teaching style. Direct, friendly and he has a genuine interest in helping people learn.

Z

Well put, I had a great time and the more I look back on it the more I want to dry fire practice daily. You guys were a lot of fun and a really tight crew, you and Keith are always a blast but it was nice to meet and hang with Travis and Greg. All you guys really know your AKs, most times I would nod in agreement as you guys were talking about all the different AK models, most of the time I didn't have a clue what you were talking about until I got home and looked it up. :rolleyes: I am still tired two days later, Damn Russian. Dropping you a PM.

I received Sonny Puzikas' DVD "Beyond the Firearm II" today and watched most of it. By far the best AK-related video I've ever seen. Highly detailed, thorough, and sound.

The guy is really cool and no nonsense. A few of us that have taken his class agree that he is more a martial artist that just happened to be trained in real world gun fighting. In any case he is one bad MF, and I would not want to piss him off.