Blueprint for bottom of receiver

OK my Saiga project is progressing nicely, I have all the unnescacery holes welded up. I am now facing the bottom of the receiver. The question is, does someone have a print showing where to cut the hole for the pistol grip nut and where do I install the trigger gaurd? Just trying to keep from re-inventing the wheel if someone else already has that info handy. Oh BTW I am using a Tromix trigger gaurd and a Tapco pistol grip nut if thats relevant.

I think I mistated myself. The SAW grip is a tapco. The nut is a tapco AK nut. The trigger gaurd is a Tromix weld on one. Just not sure where to place this stuff. I have noticed that the nut is smaller than the hole specified in the drawing that the other poster put up here.

Edited by WA-Tom

Yeah, TAPCO's pistol grip nut is not to spec with the regular dimensions of an AK pistol grip nut. No worries though, the TAPCO nut and TAPCO SAW grip will fit just fine. I'm not sure what diagram was posted elsewhere, however I know the one graphic that gets passed around a lot is not drawn to scale which is why it may appear larger/smaller.

This is what the bottom of the receiver looks like with the TAPCO SAW grip and a Tromix trigger guard. I'm sorry I don't have exact measurements or close up photos on hand, but I'm sure someone else here does.

Click the picture for regular proportions, the thumbnail skews it and made it look weird.

post-21696-1275379314615_thumb.jpg

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, one of our forum members KC1913 made a really good blueprint of the bottom. Here's the S-12 one:

post-21696-12752918319447_thumb.jpgpost-21696-12752918422609_thumb.jpg

* KC913 :angel:

Glad to see the templates are still useful to some folks here.