Field Stripping

I was going through my manuel this weekend inquiring how to break down my Saiga to give it a real good cleaning. My gun is new and I have put 150 rounds through it. I would like to clean the gas ports but the instructions to disassemble are as clear as mud to me. Does anyone know if there has been step by step instructions or step by step pictures instructing how to disassemble the gas block?? I looked around but couldn't find any instructions. Tks and excuse my ignorance.

You don't want to disassemble the gas block.

If you look down the barrel at your gas knob, you'll see it has a "1" and a "2" on it.

You'll also see a "button" that holds it in either position.

Hold this button down and unscrew it completely. Your gas puck will be waiting for you inside (you can turn the shotty nose-down and tap it on the carpet if the puck won't come out (or cycle the action [watch for flying puck]).

Reassembly is in reverse order, and it doesn't matter which direction the factory puck is installed.

To understand you correctly all I need to do is remove my Gunfixer Plug and take out the little round object that click when you move the gun up and down. What about the general area where the 4 ports are located?? Should I run my rod in that area with a patch with some solvent or oil too? I now know what the puck is and thank you very much. Any other advice is welcome. Thank you

If you have a dental pick or scribe with the bent end, you can clean out ports with no problem. I use a 12 ga wire brush to clean the gas chamber and the pick to clean the ports. Keep it dry and use anti seize on the gas plug so next time you unscrew it it comes out easy. Don't let any get into the chamber!!!

To understand you correctly all I need to do is remove my Gunfixer Plug and take out the little round object that click when you move the gun up and down.

yep that's that's what he is saying. you probably will need to take a rod from the other side and tap that "puck" out. mine was frozen in there from the carbon, after firing 200 rounds, so it wasn't like it was when it was new, you just turn the thing upsidedown and it fell out

What about the general area where the 4 ports are located?? Should I run my rod in that area with a patch with some solvent or oil too?

just clean it with a solvent based cleaner, or CLP, and dry it well. don't oil or put oil in the gas tube, otherwise it might plug up the gas port with carbon sludge.

I took off the GFP and there was carbon build up on the threads a little. I got the puck out and cleaned it real good along with the threads and wipe out the gas chamber with Q-Tips and it worked GREAT. Thanks guys for intelligence this site is the best for us rookies.