Ok, i picked up a can of winchester powder blast gun cleaner the other day to try it out. Anyways i facked up and used this stuff on my ruger p95 with polymer frame. My fingerprints are now lightly embedded into the plastic frame. Does anyone know of a way to refinish polymer? I thought about hitting it with some fine sandpaper, but thought id check with you guys first... Thanks for any help.

Ok, i picked up a can of winchester powder blast gun cleaner the other day to try it out. Anyways i facked up and used this stuff on my ruger p95 with polymer frame. My fingerprints are now lightly embedded into the plastic frame. Does anyone know of a way to refinish polymer? I thought about hitting it with some fine sandpaper, but thought id check with you guys first... Thanks for any help.

DISCLAIMER: My advice comes from physical chemistry knowledge NOT 1st hand experience.

You cannot use a non-polar solvent on a non-polar substrate. In other words, your winchester powder blast is a solvent for your Ruger frame. I agree with you and would use the finest grit you can get. Just a random idea, but perhaps toothpaste and lots of elbow grease before you bust out the sandpaper and possibly make the defect more noticeable? Good luck, it drives me nuts when I get a scratch in my car or a new firearm.

Try a 'hair of the dog'. The same solvent used carefully on just the fingerprints should melt them smooth. Try a bit of the solvent on a flux brush, work carefully and use the minimum amount that is effective.

Try a 'hair of the dog'. The same solvent used carefully on just the fingerprints should melt them smooth. Try a bit of the solvent on a flux brush, work carefully and use the minimum amount that is effective.