Gunfier plug problems

I understand that the Russians might have a lower standard of "Quality Control" but this is ridiculous.

This was also my first Saiga. A little heart breaking but she's breaking me in right good (and I thought I'd be breaking her in).

Another week or so I'll get it back from my friendly neighborhood machinist. Then we'll see what she's really capable of.

I understand that the Russians might have a lower standard of "Quality Control" but this is ridiculous.

Yes, indeed... But what is even more rediculous is that Izhmash doesn't understand capitialism enough to realize if they spent what would come out to less than 5 minutes longer on each saiga they produce that they wouldn't be able to supply them fast enough for the American market for a couple years... This is if they maintained the same prices that they currently go for. And with the new call in number of Saiga that need to be produced to meet demand they could actually lower the prices. But if they stayed the same price would still be perfectly fine to me. What else can you get for the same that comes close to comparing... Absolutely nothing. You can't even pay 10 times more and get something that compares in my opinion.

Yes, indeed... But what is even more rediculous is that Izhmash doesn't understand capitialism enough to realize if they spent what would come out to less than 5 minutes longer on each saiga they produce that they wouldn't be able to supply them fast enough for the American market for a couple years... This is if they maintained the same prices that they currently go for. And with the new call in number of Saiga that need to be produced to meet demand they could actually lower the prices. But if they stayed the same price would still be perfectly fine to me. What else can you get for the same that comes close to comparing... Absolutely nothing. You can't even pay 10 times more and get something that compares in my opinion.

I don't know. You don't hear about too many benellis that you have to take apart and redrill holes and polish everything to get them to work . The Saiga 12 is an OK gun. It looks cool and works OK after some massaging but it takes way more massaging and parts changing to get to work than it should. Don't get me started on trying to fire a Saiga from the hip. I have a 12 and 410 that was one of the first st lucie guns and I like both of them but I wouldnt call either one world class shotguns.

As far as the pricing I'd be interested in finding out how much they actually cost FOB Russia and how much is wholesaler markup. There was and still is a lot of gouging related to Obamamania. When Saigas were $250 that was a realistic price. $500 for the same gun didnt come from factory price increases.

Saiga problems are typical of Russian consumer goods.