Help me pick my next AK

hey. after having fun with my Zastava PAP it is time for me to move onto my next AK variation. the cheapest alternative that i believe i can afford at this time is Saiga. Unless somebody can suggest me sometin else that NJ legal. NOW the question is >>> wat caliber shud i get? and i know its really the question of personal preference 8)

For me its between 7.62X39 and .223

7.62X39 because i already have zastava PAP in the same caliber and i wud "save" on ammo

.223 because its our local all around caliber. (i really cant use 5.56mm ammo with it thou, rite?)

SO WAT DO U GUYS THINK/SUGGEST ?

PS sorry if i :deadhorse: and dont go all :evil: on me or :lol:

hey. after having fun with my Zastava PAP it is time for me to move onto my next AK variation. the cheapest alternative that i believe i can afford at this time is Saiga. Unless somebody can suggest me sometin else that NJ legal. NOW the question is >>> wat caliber shud i get? and i know its really the question of personal preference 8)

For me its between 7.62X39 and .223

7.62X39 because i already have zastava PAP in the same caliber and i wud "save" on ammo

.223 because its our local all around caliber. (i really cant use 5.56mm ammo with it thou, rite?)

SO WAT DO U GUYS THINK/SUGGEST ?

PS sorry if i :deadhorse: and dont go all :evil: on me or :lol:

Between the two you mentioned my choice would be 7.62x39, because an AK with a 20" barrel, is pretty damn long, and 223 loses so much when you lose barrel length. As to your other question, I believe you can use 5.56 in the 223 Saiga.

Since you already have a 7.62 go with the 223

When ammo was scarce last summer, I could not find 7.62 ammo in Houston,

A few months before that, 223 was scarce.

I don't want to limit myself to one type of ammo.