So I'm prepping my CZ-50 for some weekend firing, when I discovered that one of magazines just doesn't want to release. The other mag however releases fine. Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be? The hold-open & and ejector latch lip seems to somehow sit under the follower as opposed to on top of it as it should. Got some photos for you fellas to examine. The magazine on the right in the photo of the gun and the two mags is the problem child. That problem child also seems to give my other CZ-50 the same issue, so it's not the weapon.

post-25308-002170300 1279227307_thumb.jpg

post-25308-006833100 1279227387_thumb.jpg

post-25308-051586800 1279227402_thumb.jpg

post-25308-093252600 1279227413_thumb.jpg

post-25308-073464800 1279227414_thumb.jpg

post-25308-011056400 1279227428_thumb.jpg

post-25308-005544800 1279227476_thumb.jpg

Edited by VaiFanatic90

Does this happen when the pistol is fully assembled?

I just ask because all my blowback pistol's mags press against pieces in the slide to exert pressure & that's what pushes the mags out.

Other than that, I would suspect that the problem mag is wider at some point than the good one.

If it was a Poly gun like a P-11, I would suspect the poly handle warped & was exerting pressure on the mag, creating drag. It happened to me once.

I just ask because all my blowback pistol's mags press against pieces in the slide to exert pressure & that's what pushes the mags out.

Other than that, I would suspect that the problem mag is wider at some point than the good one.

If it was a Poly gun like a P-11, I would suspect the poly handle warped & was exerting pressure on the mag, creating drag. It happened to me once.

When both guns are assembled completely, it still catches underneath. I'd tried filing the follower down to match the other, but no dice. After closer inspection, the mag body seems to have been pushed upward on one side causing the follower to sit further to the right, off center.

When both guns are assembled completely, it still catches underneath. I'd tried filing the follower down to match the other, but no dice. After closer inspection, the mag body seems to have been pushed upward on one side causing the follower to sit further to the right, off center.

Could you bend it to match with needle nose pliers?

Could you bend it to match with needle nose pliers?

Well the problem is it's shifted to like a parallelogram. | | say those two lines are the side walls of the mag body if you're looking at it with the follower facing you, shift the one on the left about 2cm up and that's where it's sitting. I don't want to attempt to hammer it down, because that might warp it more.