Stock Saiga Hammer replacement

Hi Guys,

I was unable to find this in a search of the forum (i'm sure it's covered somewhere)but,

I am looking to replace the stock Saiga hammer and disconnector with a modified G2 group I got from

Dinzag Arms. I'm in California and not fully converting so I can utilize preban hi-caps, I just need compliance parts.

How in the heck does the stock hammer come out without drilling he pins or doing permanent mods.

Seems a little different than standard AK dissasembly. If this is already covered, please post the link.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, the modified group will not work in a stock Saiga , unconverted due to the 'wishbone' linkage being in the way. Why not do a full trigger forward conversion? Only takes about an hour, keeps your rifle cali-legal, and improves trigger pull, balance, and accuracy of the gun.

I wanted to go "featureless", no bullet button, ect.

Although not as well balanced, the sporter stock seems a good way to do this.

I just need to conform to 922R and the hammer and disconnector seemed to be a good way to do this.

I may have been confused, but I though the specific Dinzag G2 trigger set was intended for use in a stock Saiga, the trigger itself

is ground off.

I could convert and get a Monster man grip, but keeping the sporter stock seems easier and cheaper.

I wanted to go "featureless", no bullet button, ect.

Although not as well balanced, the sporter stock seems a good way to do this.

I just need to conform to 922R and the hammer and disconnector seemed to be a good way to do this.

I may have been confused, but I though the specific Dinzag G2 trigger set was intended for use in a stock Saiga, the trigger itself

is ground off.

I could convert and get a Monster man grip, but keeping the sporter stock seems easier and cheaper.

The REGULAR Dinzag/Tromix modified G2s won't work in an unconverted Saiga. Dinzag also, in addition to the FCGs everyone knows, makes a G2 modified to work in an unconverted Saiga, it's "FCGNPG" part number. That would be the one you need.

As for your Saiga, it's definitely best off to stay unconverted in CA like you said, IMO. As much as the inferior trigger/balance may be a pain, the stock Saiga is still a very nice, handy, semi auto rifle that takes detachable military surplus magazines. Pistol grip is definitely not worth having to play with magazine lock bullshit or stupid shaped grips.

Dinzag's part number "FCGNPG" would be the trigger group you would need. It seems the poster above is confused between the G2, modified G2, and modified modied G2. You would have to crush out the two roll pins holding the disconnector and wishbone assembly in place, it would be a pain for sure to put back together, but with a little visualization you could definitely get the modified modified to G2 work in an unconverted gun. The end result would be worth it, for sure. It doesn't get any better than a x39 Saiga that takes detachable 30's in California IMO.

Do it, IMO. Just have needle nose pliers and some beer ready :D

Oh, and for balance issues, I would recommend, go to wood! I have a Saiga-12 that I cannot convert either for legal reasons in my state. I recently purchased and modified a wooden stock set meant for a Saiga 308. This factory wood stock set has a MUCH better grip angle in the stock, an extremely comfortable comb, and the weight distribution is amazing compared to the factory plastic. It actually makes the gun balance and feel good, I was very surprised. On your x39 a factory wood set would just slap right on, no mods needed. I suggest you look into it. It's a bit pricey ($135) but the end result is well worth it, it's worlds better than playing with locks and strange shaped handles. They sell them at a website called Saiga Stock.

post-21696-074941000 1280349907_thumb.jpg

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

Thank you sir, that's exactly what I was talking about.

I have purchased and received the modified group from Dinzag.

just a quick question: Can I reuse the crush pins and have them stay in place reliably?

I have the needle nose and beers at the ready.

Thank you sir, that's exactly what I was talking about.

I have purchased and received the modified group from Dinzag.

just a quick question: Can I reuse the crush pins and have them stay in place reliably?

I have the needle nose and beers at the ready.

No problem. I'm not sure if you can re-use the crush pins or not. You probably can though.