Well after taking it out to shoot some rounds I agree the PA Red dot needs to be higher I had to crane my neck too much to see the red dot good enough. We took some pics of the targets we were shooting at but remember these are standing no rest involved and the first couple shots were just to see how close the sight was. My son (16yrs old) has never fired an AR before so when you see his target you'll understand why I'm kind of proud in his grouping. We were only about 30-35 yards out also but we just shot in our own back yard only shot 20 rounds also as it was getting to be late evening. We will have to try it again bench resting it and see how we do then but overall I'm fairly impressed especially with the rapid fire hits. Well here goes for the pics: post-10834-044384500 1282106420_thumb.jpgpost-10834-072520000 1282106403_thumb.jpg

The first pic is my son's shooting where his number 1 shot was his very first then he did rapid fire and put 3 more shots in that close of a group. These were 12"x12" targets with each square being 1". I can't wait to put some more rounds through it. Now I know with my nerve damage in my left leg I'm not as steady as I used to be but every one of these shots would be COM and would be a dead intruder.

Not bad, bro!

You shoulda seen my targets after buying my first handgun. The paper looked like I hit it with a shotgun, the holes were all over the place. :lolol: I guess that's what happens when you have limited experience with shouting handguns. I'm getting better, though.

Dan you back in NC yet? I'm heading down there this weekend to see my younger sister that lives in Creedmoor, NC. Luckily my nephew and his wife have agreed to house and dog sit for us while we're gone. Might be down there for a week. Planning on going to see the U.S.S. North Carolina while we're there but not much else to do besides swim in my sisters pool. She has to work as does my brother in law but she wanted us to come anyway. Might go see the expendables again as my wife wants to see it so she said we could go one of the days we are there as there's a theater about 20 minutes from my sisters house. I was alittle flustered at first with the M&P 15 as it FTF the very first round. I was like crap have to send it back already! So I was slightly worked up on the first shots. Not sure what happened to cause the FTF as the round fired after I cleared it and put it back in the mag. It was chambered perfectly and the primer never got hit there was no evidence of damage to it so I just stuck it right back in the mag and it fired as did every round following that one. I am ambidextrous so I shot the first 2 rounds left handed the 2 rounds right handed then followed up with the rapid fire left handed. For some reason I have always been more accurate and more comfortable shooting a handgun right handed but shooting long guns left handed. But with my left leg having nerve damage now I may be better off just shooting right handed from now on. My son asked my wife which target she thought was his and she picked correctly and he said how'd you know and she said well your dad's not as stable as he used to be because of his leg I hadn't given it any thought up until then. We still need to bench shoot it to give us an accurate idea of how she's going to shoot though. As far as the Glocks go I was thinking of just getting the G19 as then I could get some 33 round mags. Or do the G19 mags fit in the 23? If so I might go that route and then get a conversion for it to 9mm. My buddy really wants the .357 as he said he's seen them in 4" nickel plated and in 6" blued but has never seen a 6" nickel. I asked him if he had any idea how much it would be worth and he said he has seen the ones mentioned for between $400.00-$600.00. I did some checking and have found them in the $400.00-$850.00 range so I might possibly be able to get the Glock at no cost to me if he'll give that much for it.

Dan you back in NC yet? I'm heading down there this weekend to see my younger sister that lives in Creedmoor, NC. Luckily my nephew and his wife have agreed to house and dog sit for us while we're gone. Might be down there for a week. Planning on going to see the U.S.S. North Carolina while we're there but not much else to do besides swim in my sisters pool. She has to work as does my brother in law but she wanted us to come anyway. Might go see the expendables again as my wife wants to see it so she said we could go one of the days we are there as there's a theater about 20 minutes from my sisters house. I was alittle flustered at first with the M&P 15 as it FTF the very first round. I was like crap have to send it back already! So I was slightly worked up on the first shots. Not sure what happened to cause the FTF as the round fired after I cleared it and put it back in the mag. It was chambered perfectly and the primer never got hit there was no evidence of damage to it so I just stuck it right back in the mag and it fired as did every round following that one. I am ambidextrous so I shot the first 2 rounds left handed the 2 rounds right handed then followed up with the rapid fire left handed. For some reason I have always been more accurate and more comfortable shooting a handgun right handed but shooting long guns left handed. But with my left leg having nerve damage now I may be better off just shooting right handed from now on. My son asked my wife which target she thought was his and she picked correctly and he said how'd you know and she said well your dad's not as stable as he used to be because of his leg I hadn't given it any thought up until then. We still need to bench shoot it to give us an accurate idea of how she's going to shoot though. As far as the Glocks go I was thinking of just getting the G19 as then I could get some 33 round mags. Or do the G19 mags fit in the 23? If so I might go that route and then get a conversion for it to 9mm. My buddy really wants the .357 as he said he's seen them in 4" nickel plated and in 6" blued but has never seen a 6" nickel. I asked him if he had any idea how much it would be worth and he said he has seen the ones mentioned for between $400.00-$600.00. I did some checking and have found them in the $400.00-$850.00 range so I might possibly be able to get the Glock at no cost to me if he'll give that much for it.

I live in SC, but no, I'm not back yet. We're probably going to be leaving NY on Monday and making the drive back down.

Yeah, put that puppy on a bench just to see what it's capable of. I'm sure it'll do just fine. All of my 16-inchers were more accurate than I needed them to be. :super:

As for the Glock thing...........yes, all of the 9mm mags will fit in a G23 (except the short G26 mags, obviously). Then all you need is a .40-to-9mm conversion barrel and you're good to go. That was my original plan with my G23, so I could run 9mm. But I figured I might as well just buy the 19 if I had the money, so I did. :super: Either way, you're good to go.