Couple of TV shows to keep your eyes on ...

Thought I'd mention a couple of new shows ... they are aired on cable tv, but available for viewing on the interweb. I believe that these shows showing up on semi major channels could do GREAT things for the "mainstream-ification" of shooting sports. Important because of the concept of "sporting purpose" used to ban some type of firearms. If folks see action shooting as a true sport we'll have made great steps in protecting ourselves from future bans. Ok, that may be a stretch, but it IS a move in the right direction. And they are fun to watch to boot.

TopShot:

Season one just finished up. Interesting concept, not really a forum I expect to see a Saiga anytime soon tho. It was on the history channel. Season 2 casting calls are under way, so they must have been pleased with season one. They grab shooters who are willing to set aside 30 days out of their life ... prize is all or nothing and is 100K. Each week they pick a weapon, typically of historical importance (this is the history channel) and create challenges with them. It's team vs team challenges, with an elimination round for the loosing team .. so it's got a "Survivor" flavor to it. Last couple of episodes feature a head to head competition format. So, they had numerous military rifles, pistols and revolvers, bows and arrows, throwing knives, slingshot, shotguns, etc in this season. Looks like they have kept all of the episodes on HULU. Not sure when Season two will air.

3gunnation:

Just found this, it's a half hour show that covers the major 3 gun matches accross the nation (blue ridge, superstition mountain, iron man, etc). This airs on VS, and past episodes are available on a delayed basis on www.3gunnation.com. Basically an overview of the match.

Interestingly, the 3gun nation is more of a shooters show, but I believe it's a little less watchable for the un initiated. (watching someone shoot is bit like watching bowling ... ). It's more like a news show, reporting results. TopShot uses interesting video (slow mo, exploding targets, colorful targets) but there's very little shooting content in many of the shows...

Check them out!

Edited by kmoore

Been watchin both.

After watiching the CMMG match I think that is going to be on my list of away games. That and the Ky state and MI state I hope.

Tasha Hanish,,,, nice.

Edited by topmaul